Register Now
killamch89

What activity comforts you the most when you have a bad day

If any kind of thing has me in a bad mood or a state of anxiety, there's a few things I like to do.  I might go for a walk, and/or try to meditate (I really suck at this).  Watching a movie often makes me feel better, if I have the time.  Also, I really try NOT to do this, but admittedly, sometimes if I'm really upset, I like to get drunk.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

My pets. Specifically either my pitbull or my rats. My pitbull always knows when I'm having a rough time. And no matter what the issue is, no matter how bad it is, all I have to do is hold her and the whole world is right again. She means everything to me.

Dogs are very keen on human emotions especially the ones that they have a bond with. If you're angry at someone notice how your dog typically lashes out at them - it's instinctive of them to make sure the pack leader is okay at all times. Once your okay, they're okay.

19 hours ago, Steerminator said:

If any kind of thing has me in a bad mood or a state of anxiety, there's a few things I like to do.  I might go for a walk, and/or try to meditate (I really suck at this).  Watching a movie often makes me feel better, if I have the time.  Also, I really try NOT to do this, but admittedly, sometimes if I'm really upset, I like to get drunk.

Meditation is something that takes a while to really get into - you have to do it religiously every day and over time you'll get the hang of it. Just count 1 when you inhale and 2 when you exhale and focus on only that - you'll get the hang of it in due course.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Dogs are very keen on human emotions especially the ones that they have a bond with. If you're angry at someone notice how your dog typically lashes out at them - it's instinctive of them to make sure the pack leader is okay at all times. Once your okay, they're okay.

My baby is too friendly and sweet to lash out at anyone. The only time she has ever even growled is at our bulldog puppy. The puppy is currently teething and chewing on everything she can find, which includes our other dogs. The only thing she is aggressive about is moving my arms and legs out of the way so she can climb up on me. She doesn't ask for attention, she demands and takes it. But I wouldn't have it any other way though.

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

My baby is too friendly and sweet to lash out at anyone. The only time she has ever even growled is at our bulldog puppy. The puppy is currently teething and chewing on everything she can find, which includes our other dogs. The only thing she is aggressive about is moving my arms and legs out of the way so she can climb up on me. She doesn't ask for attention, she demands and takes it. But I wouldn't have it any other way though.

Generally my dogs are very calm but the minute they realize someone or something is upsetting me, they immediately start chasing that person away and they won't stop until I say something. But then again, my current dogs have known me from the day they were born so I'm not surprised they're this protective of me.