Register Now
Steerminator

Any Ghosts 'n Goblins fans? There's a new one on the PS4: Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection

I've played every single one of these games (that matter):  Ghosts 'n Goblins, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, and Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins.  I've always loved these games, so I was kind of surprised (pleasantly) to see a new one on the PS4:  Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrections.  From what I saw on the PlayStation Store trailer, the music and aesthetic kind of remind me of Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins.  I'm gonna have to get it!

I've played several of them, and while insanely difficult, they're fun as hell. The original on NES was a masterpiece simply due to its difficulty. It's something gamers today even have a hell of a time with. But in the 80's when gaming was SOO much simpler and the objective was so much smaller, this kind of difficulty was something no one was able to deal with. Second place would go to Battletoads.

I have to say, I wasn't overly impressed given I'd seen the Angry Video Game Nerd's (AVGN) review, which is obviously exaggerated for comedic effect. But having seen IGN's review of the new one, I have to say I quite like the look of it. The music is as catchy as ever, so I might have to pick it up given it's on Steam, just not for the £24.99 they're currently asking for.

On 6/5/2021 at 6:54 PM, The Blackangel said:

I've played several of them, and while insanely difficult, they're fun as hell. The original on NES was a masterpiece simply due to its difficulty. It's something gamers today even have a hell of a time with. But in the 80's when gaming was SOO much simpler and the objective was so much smaller, this kind of difficulty was something no one was able to deal with. Second place would go to Battletoads.

Seriously, I don't really know how other people feel about playing games that are extremely difficult but it's a turn on for me.