Register Now
killamch89

At a movie: Candy or Popcorn?

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I typically prefer nachos, but here I'll go with the popcorn, as I've never been a really big candy fan. Some sweets are nice. I always loved Raisinets. But I definitely like the popcorn better.

Lol, typically, I'll eat some nachos first, then having popcorn during the movie. At some point during the movie, I'll get some candy as well and possibly take out the snacks I snuck into the theater. As I said before, I'm a glutton.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

We always sneak our own soda in. Coke seems to have a monopoly on movie theatres, and neither of us can stand Coke. It actually makes me sick. So we sneak diet Pepsi in. I always take my big purse4 to make sure we can sneak a couple 1 litres in.

I'm not kidding that I saw a woman literally pull out a dinner plate with a sub sandwich out of her purse in the movie theater when I was younger. Honestly, I was so shocked 🤣

Interesting. I never thought about bringing a Thanksgiving dinner with me.

On 6/16/2021 at 6:17 PM, killamch89 said:

Lol, typically, I'll eat some nachos first, then having popcorn during the movie. At some point during the movie, I'll get some candy as well and possibly take out the snacks I snuck into the theater. As I said before, I'm a glutton.

You did have the jalapeños on them right? Otherwise you're not eating nachos correctly.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Interesting. I never thought about bringing a Thanksgiving dinner with me.

You did have the jalapeños on them right? Otherwise you're not eating nachos correctly.

I mixed it with bbq sauce as well - but then I wolfed them down so fast, I literally asked where my food went 🤣

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Neither, at least not the snacks that they sell at the confectionery stand in theatre.  The prices are extortionate and your usually done with them before the trailers.  I eat before I go or bring in something.

That's perfectly fine too but I'm a bit of a glutton so I'll buy food there in addition to bringing my own.

Popcorn, Sprite, Fuzzy Peaches. Every Time. And goddamn, it's become expensive and the portion sizes so small. I do it out of habit then always swear I'll never do it again. I rather buy my own and take it with me to my nearby theatre chains. No longer refills on large drink or popcorn. Really? they will costs you too much, show me a courtesy once I've already paid you £15.00 for the bloody items? I can't wait to give my business to a theatre chain that doesn't make me feel raped every time I walk through the door.