Register Now
killamch89

Who'd You Rather Face: Ninjas or Pirates?

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You might be accurate for some, but not all. Many were dismissed samurai warriors who had no other means of supporting themselves. After a shogun died, many became reclusive and left their old life behind. The skills were passed on by the best to the newcomers and the ninja life was borne to them. So to say that they were merely untrained peasants is a gross misstatement. They were highly trained. They may not have had the technology that the pirates had, but calling them rebels with pitchforks is an ignorant statement.

Yeah it is, that why I NEVER said that.  Not once in ANY post did I say or imply anything of the sort.  I used the word "Peasant" because that's where they were in the historical context of Japan's social class system at the time.  If you disagree with me that's but I would appreciate it if you didn't put statements in my mouth I did not make.

4 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

So those same tactics will be used to defeat a pirate because if the pirate can use their arsenal, is that a fair fight? A ninja won't get caught up in a pointless duel especially if the opponent has a gun. And if needed to strike from a distance, ninjas have poison darts for a blowgun and they also have crossbows. But with all that aside, a fight with swords only will still be the ninja that will win once again. Every ninja is trained, but a 'pirate' comes down to personal training or skill because not all are on equal footing. But if the ninja was caught and had their back against the wall against an armed pirate, then the ninja will rely on catching the bullet with their teeth technique. 

If you believe that anybody could catch a bullet with their teeth then your proving my point.  Outside of magic tricks which are smoke and mirrors if course, that shit is impossible.  Even if you did manage to get a bite on a speeding bullet (which would have been harder in the 18th century because the calibre of rounds were higher) your teeth would shatter and the round would go to the back of the throat anyway.  Your just being ridiculous now.

18 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Untrained peasants. You said it, I didn't.

What are you on?

First of, where did I say "untrained"?  You are completely making that up.  Second of all, the reason I said farming tools is because the weapons the Ninja are most famous for like Sais and Sickles ARE FARMING TOOLS!

Your talking what I'm saying completely out of context.  The point I'm making is that they took everyday tools, trained with them and developed effective combat strategies that could beat the much better armed Samurai that would otherwise have the advantage.  When I said:

18 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Ninjas are peasant rebels that use improvised farming tools

That's something I'm saying to their CREDIT!  Not Insult!  It's something I actually hold a ton of respect for.

Edited by Crazycrab

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

If you believe that anybody could catch a bullet with their teeth then your proving my point.  Outside of magic tricks which are smoke and mirrors if course, that shit is impossible.  Even if you did manage to get a bite on a speeding bullet (which would have been harder in the 18th century because the calibre of rounds were higher) your teeth would shatter and the round would go to the back of the throat anyway.  Your just being ridiculous now.

They are highly skilled in stopping bullets with teeth. They even manipulate their bodies so as to fit through any window or crevice. They have delusional capabilities to make them as thin as paper so as to hide behind anything. They can disappear anytime and appear right behind you for a quick assassination. I would like to see a pirate try that! 

17 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

What are you on?

First of, where did I say "untrained"?  You are completely making that up.  Second of all, the reason I said farming tools is because the weapons the Ninja are most famous for like Sais and Sickles ARE FARMING TOOLS!

Your talking what I'm saying completely out of context.  The point I'm making is that they took everyday tools, trained with them and developed effective combat strategies that could beat the much better armed Samurai that would otherwise have the advantage.  When I said:

That's something I'm saying to their CREDIT!  Not Insult!  It's something I actually hold a ton of respect for.

Improvising, IS UNTRAINED. Any idiot knows that. And I know that sais and nunchucks are farming tools. I trained with them and am very skilled with them both. The dojo I was in required we know the history of a weapon before we trained with it. But the ninja are famous for their stealth and ability with any weapon. Katana, spear, staff, shuriken, and the kama for example. Sais and nunchucks were often too bulky and/or too noisy to the ninja and were left behind. Ninjas needed the ability to come and go unseen.

As for what you said, you put it in the context, I left it there. If you didn't want yourself to be quoted by your own words, you should have chosen different words.

Edited by The Blackangel

16 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

They are highly skilled in stopping bullets with teeth. They even manipulate their bodies so as to fit through any window or crevice. They have delusional capabilities to make them as thin as paper so as to hide behind anything. They can disappear anytime and appear right behind you for a quick assassination. I would like to see a pirate try that! 

That's a stretch. They're not Neo from the matrix. If they actually could stop a bullet with their teeth, every person on earth would be learning the ninja arts.

On 6/25/2021 at 11:17 AM, The Blackangel said:

That's a stretch. They're not Neo from the matrix. If they actually could stop a bullet with their teeth, every person on earth would be learning the ninja arts.

I think he was being humorous and not actually being serious. That being said, I do know of some experienced martial artist who can block attacks and dodge them without thought - hell I've had a good amount of occasions where my body moved on its own to protect me from danger.