Register Now
killamch89

If you could put wings on any species of animal, what animal would you choose?

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Whales/orcas. Those of us who are landlocked and afraid of the water would have the actual opportunity to see them in the wild.

Funny enough, there is a species of creature in the elder scroll universe that is basically whales with wings - it's quite a pleasant sight.

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

There's also the Wind Fish in Links Awakening. It's nothing but a humpback whale with tiny little wings that would work for a hawk, but could never work for a damn whale.

The wings on the one in the Elder Scrolls are very angelic and are proportionate to the body of the whale so it looks very good.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Oh you mean working ones. All I've ever seen them do is flap their wings to intimidate another creature.

Their wings do actually work. They can fly as well as any other bird, but they're a bird that prefers to walk instead. Turkey, quail, and grouse are other birds that prefer to walk instead of fly. But they're all still very capable of flying.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Their wings do actually work. They can fly as well as any other bird, but they're a bird that prefers to walk instead. Turkey, quail, and grouse are other birds that prefer to walk instead of fly. But they're all still very capable of flying.

I'm not sure why but during this whole thread I keep remembering this:

If you think that's bad, try getting chased by one that doesn't have a head.

I remember one time when I was 4 or 5 we were at a family friends place to butcher chickens. When they chopped the heads off, the chickens ran like hell. One somehow ended up chasing me up a god damn tree. I didn't come down until they were done and the fucking chickens finally realized that they were dead and it was time to stop running.

"Cluck Cluck Cluck" CHOP "FUCK, I'M DEAD"

Edited by The Blackangel

On 7/12/2021 at 11:35 AM, The Blackangel said:

I've only seen them fly a few feet in the air for a short distance. Either way, they still won't fly worth a damn even if their lives depended on it. 

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

If I have leaned one thing today it's that you fuck with chickens!

It's true - chickens are savages especially when there's a bunch of them and you're on their territory. My uncle who lives in the rural areas also raises chickens and some of them are gigantic and aggressive! I saw one of them chasing a family friend back into his car after he came to visit my uncle.