Register Now
StaceyPowers

Weird user issues in PS5

I got annoyed with the name I put on my first user account on PS5, so I tried to make a new user with the name I wanted, and delete the first one. Later, I discovered the PS5 deleted the new user and put back the old one. Does anyone know why this happened, or how to change the name on an existing user account?

Do you even have an option to able to chnage name? I mean most of the time system remembers your emails and the details that you used based from that email. With Xbox you have to wait to able to chnage your name, once you did it for the first time, the next time you have to pay for name chnage or wait years 😜 

On 7/9/2021 at 12:50 PM, The Blackangel said:

You could go into the system settings and try a factory reset. Then recreate your profile with a second email if you use one. Or tinker with your profile settings and see if there's anything in there that you missed that would allow you to change it.

I think that too. Full factory reset will most likely be a good fix for the issue but if it doesn't, then contacting support should be the next step if it's that important.