Register Now
killamch89

VPNs

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes that is one reason I am going for the NordVPN and may consider it as an option for long term VPN needs. 

NordVPN is kind of an iffy one in my opinion because of the hacking incident a few years ago and how they only made it known a year after the incident happened and they weren't fully transparent on the findings and what data the hackers had access to.

On 7/21/2021 at 4:30 AM, skyfire said:

I want to use it for the foreign Netflix shows. Other than that I can't think of any use of it. 

I tend to go shopping on foreign sites so I use it for that as well and I also have bank accounts in a few other countries as well so I need it for that. Everybody's needs are different though.

21 hours ago, skyfire said:

Keep solid VPN has a deal in the stacksocial for those who want it. It can give you VPN for $39.99.

Is the $39.99 a monthly subscription or yearly subscription? If it's the former, then it's too expensive for my point of view. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Is the $39.99 a monthly subscription or yearly subscription? If it's the former, then it's too expensive for my point of view. 

Stack Social tends to offer VPN deals that are either 3-5 years long or "lifetime" subscriptions.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Stack Social tends to offer VPN deals that are either 3-5 years long or "lifetime" subscriptions.

If the subscription duration for the $39.99 is 3 years plus, then it's totally worth it as long as the VPN doesn't have leaks. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think there are no VPN without any form of leaks. they sell our data to govt or the advertisers. that's why i say if I check the USA from singapore, i stil get the ads of singapore in VPN lol. 

Seriously, the issue of leaks is why it's very difficult to get a VPN that wouldn't disappoint you. There was a job I got to do with specific locations and the VPN I used messed up the whole thing with leaks upon leaks

On 8/31/2021 at 5:18 AM, skyfire said:

I think there are no VPN without any form of leaks. they sell our data to govt or the advertisers. that's why i say if I check the USA from singapore, i stil get the ads of singapore in VPN lol. 

Where your VPN is from is very important.