Register Now
StaceyPowers

Idea: There should be multiple tutorial/guidance options for a game

Some gamers complain that tutorials are long, slow, boring, and there is too much hand-holding. Others complain that they are too short, confusing, or absent.

Here’s an idea: When a gamer starts a new game, they can choose a setting for the level of tutorial/guidance, they will receive, instead of a one-size-fits-all tutorial.

18 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Some gamers complain that tutorials are long, slow, boring, and there is too much hand-holding. Others complain that they are too short, confusing, or absent.

Here’s an idea: When a gamer starts a new game, they can choose a setting for the level of tutorial/guidance, they will receive, instead of a one-size-fits-all tutorial.

This is a fantastic idea in my opinion as I like to figure things out on my own for the most part instead of the game just handing me all the information.

42 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

This is a fantastic idea in my opinion as I like to figure things out on my own for the most part instead of the game just handing me all the information.

This idea was my friend's, not mine, and he's the exact opposite. Which is why it would be great if everyone can choose an option. It can't be that hard to code settings for this sort of thing. But I don't know if anyone has ever done it.

23 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

This idea was my friend's, not mine, and he's the exact opposite. Which is why it would be great if everyone can choose an option. It can't be that hard to code settings for this sort of thing. But I don't know if anyone has ever done it.

I can't remember a game that has every done anything like that either and it'd be refreshing if someone did. 

17 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

For such complaints, I believe that it's why they should make watching those tutorials optional. 

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I agree and it shouldn't be extremely long like half an hour for heavens sake...

Personally, if any video games tutorials are too long, I'm definitely skipping it immediately and figure it out while playing.