Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did BioShock really present any moral dilemma?

23 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I’ve never understood why so many people say BioShock posed a “moral dilemma.” Whether you do the right thing or the wrong thing, you get plenty of ADAM.

Do you feel the game posed a real dilemma?

Personally, I don't really think there is any kind of real dilemma situation in the game BioShock but it's just my individual opinion though. 

6 hours ago, m76 said:

If you are referring to the Little Sisters then there is no right thing to do. I think that's why they say it is a moral dilemma.

You feel saving the Little Sisters is wrong? I can see an argument that this comes with an unethical cost (one must murder quite a few innocent Big Daddies), but I'm not sure how saving Little Sisters (restoring their freedom and health) could be evil in itself. I am curious about your thoughts on the matter.

6 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

You feel saving the Little Sisters is wrong? I can see an argument that this comes with an unethical cost (one must murder quite a few innocent Big Daddies), but I'm not sure how saving Little Sisters (restoring their freedom and health) could be evil in itself. I am curious about your thoughts on the matter.

It was argued that without the big daddies they'd just die anyway, so by "saving them" you are actually condemning them to a much slower crueller death.

10 hours ago, m76 said:

It was argued that without the big daddies they'd just die anyway, so by "saving them" you are actually condemning them to a much slower crueller death.

That's definitely put you in a situation of dilemma because the two options available to you aren't bed of roses. 

11 hours ago, m76 said:

Tenenbaum was looking after them. And did you try a playthrough where you save them all to get the "good" ending?

On 8/5/2021 at 1:06 AM, StaceyPowers said:

Personally, I don't really see anything wrong with saving the Little Sisters. It's something that I really enjoy playing most of the times because I'm always happy with it.