Register Now
killamch89

Do You Think Movie Theaters Will Be Around In The Next Five Years

lots of people like full cinema experience, I'd actually say they go for that more than than movie itself because you don't get that at home.  That's why the release of home video, DVD's, Blu Ray's and so on didn't stop movie theaters from being relevent.  Even If movie theaters do get phased out it's definitely going to take longer than 5 years.  I think it will be closer to 20 if it ever happens.

Most are closing down or they are reducing them down since COVID has hit them very very hard, they are always lossing out with streaming online and people watching from home nowadays and not to mention that films tend to be out on streaming services now more than at the cinemas.

But they will be still around with us 😉 As I'm speaking they are building a cinemas 20mins away from me 🙂

23 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

lots of people like full cinema experience, I'd actually say they go for that more than than movie itself because you don't get that at home.  That's why the release of home video, DVD's, Blu Ray's and so on didn't stop movie theaters from being relevent.  Even If movie theaters do get phased out it's definitely going to take longer than 5 years.  I think it will be closer to 20 if it ever happens.

I do agree that it'll take closer to 15-20 years before Cinemas completely get phased out. I wouldn't mind a cinema experience right now but co-vid makes it impossible for me. I miss sneaking in food lol. I even miss the gum under my seat that messes up my pants.

15 hours ago, Empire said:

Most are closing down or they are reducing them down since COVID has hit them very very hard, they are always lossing out with streaming online and people watching from home nowadays and not to mention that films tend to be out on streaming services now more than at the cinemas.

But they will be still around with us 😉 As I'm speaking they are building a cinemas 20mins away from me 🙂

I get the feeling if they modify their approach like VR helmets, I think they'd reel in a lot of the younger generation because VR headsets are very expensive especially the high quality ones.

Movie theaters around here have shut down before this virus hit. With the advent of streaming services, cinemas took a nosedive. Not to mention kiosks that make it easy to shop at a grocery store & get a DVD for one-stop shopping.

I liked the experience, that can't be beat. It's a good social time. However, I also like being able to Pause, Rewind what I'm watching as well as being more comfortable on my couch.

I think if they did try to stick around, they'd have to reinvent themselves to cater today's society.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:28 AM, ZandraJoi said:

Movie theaters around here have shut down before this virus hit. With the advent of streaming services, cinemas took a nosedive. Not to mention kiosks that make it easy to shop at a grocery store & get a DVD for one-stop shopping.

I liked the experience, that can't be beat. It's a good social time. However, I also like being able to Pause, Rewind what I'm watching as well as being more comfortable on my couch.

I think if they did try to stick around, they'd have to reinvent themselves to cater today's society.

I totally agree especially with the last segment - as they are now, outside of the social element, movie theaters won't be able to compete with more modern ways of consuming content. That's why I suggested things like the VR helmet.