Register Now
ZandraJoi

Reality shows

Do you watch Reality shows? If so, what do you like? What do you think about them. I personally don’t care for them. Some or even all, is staged to be hyped up to create the most wow factor & drama. For those who watch them, what draws you to continue watching? I know some people just like to veg out & not take life too seriously. Some view them as just a good laugh.

In general, I don't enjoy reality TV. I don't know if it's just more common in the American ones, but I find reality shows to have a lot of manufactured drama between the contestants. Everyone seems obsessed with the cash prize and are looking to argue with everyone and take them down. At least it's edited to look that way. That being said, one of my favorite shows to watch is the Great British Bake Off . No cash prize and everyone seems to help each other. Nice is the default, which I love. I've also learned a lot about baking. I’ve watched a few other baking competition shows like Sugar Rush and Zumbo's Just Desserts. I wasn't over the moon about them, but they filled the void a bit while waiting for the next session of Bake Off.

16 hours ago, Empire said:

In general, I don't enjoy reality TV. I don't know if it's just more common in the American ones, but I find reality shows to have a lot of manufactured drama between the contestants. Everyone seems obsessed with the cash prize and are looking to argue with everyone and take them down. At least it's edited to look that way. That being said, one of my favorite shows to watch is the Great British Bake Off . No cash prize and everyone seems to help each other. Nice is the default, which I love. I've also learned a lot about baking. I’ve watched a few other baking competition shows like Sugar Rush and Zumbo's Just Desserts. I wasn't over the moon about them, but they filled the void a bit while waiting for the next session of Bake Off.

Most reality shows are like that where they always manufacture drama to boost ratings and viewership but the worst part is it looks so inorganic.