Register Now
killamch89

Sony Pisses Off Wipeout Fans With Card-Based Mobile Game That Butchers What They Love

As a huge fan of the Wipeout series growing up, my disappointment is immeasurable. One of my favorite futuristic racing series growing up has been reduced to this and I'm definitely not happy. This follows the long line of screwups that Sony has done over the past few years and everyone needs to take their rose tinted glasses off and call it for what it is. Sony is going down the Konami route but at a slower pace. What are your thoughts on this?

I've got to say that as a Wipeout fan from the start, this is the first I've heard of this. Honestly, I was pissed off when Studio Liverpool was closed down but I can't say I could care less about this. I wasn't expecting another proper Wipeout so crap like this doesn't even registser. I've already been there with Sega and practically every one of their JRPGs especially every terrible 'Shining' game they've done over the years. Although, having said that, I think the recent mobile Shining Force game is the first one to actually look like Shining Force.

On 9/20/2021 at 5:54 AM, Empire said:

I've got to say that as a Wipeout fan from the start, this is the first I've heard of this. Honestly, I was pissed off when Studio Liverpool was closed down but I can't say I could care less about this. I wasn't expecting another proper Wipeout so crap like this doesn't even registser. I've already been there with Sega and practically every one of their JRPGs especially every terrible 'Shining' game they've done over the years. Although, having said that, I think the recent mobile Shining Force game is the first one to actually look like Shining Force.

Yeah - I grew up on Wipeout and it was one of the first sci-fi racers that I got into and it has always stuck with me.

On 9/20/2021 at 4:27 AM, killamch89 said:

As a huge fan of the Wipeout series growing up, my disappointment is immeasurable. One of my favorite futuristic racing series growing up has been reduced to this and I'm definitely not happy. This follows the long line of screwups that Sony has done over the past few years and everyone needs to take their rose tinted glasses off and call it for what it is. Sony is going down the Konami route but at a slower pace. What are your thoughts on this?

There is no way you would expect any Wipeout fans out there to be happy with the route Sony has taken in this order because it's like a slap in the face for them. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

There is no way you would expect any Wipeout fans out there to be happy with the route Sony has taken in this order because it's like a slap in the face for them. 

More like a kick in the nuts with an iron boot - it's better they just left it alone.

On 9/22/2021 at 7:50 PM, killamch89 said:

More like a kick in the nuts with an iron boot - it's better they just left it alone.

Sometimes, I don't really know how they go about the things that they do with some of their games without having some sort of survey to hear what their fans think of. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Sometimes, I don't really know how they go about the things that they do with some of their games without having some sort of survey to hear what their fans think of. 

They've been making some pretty stupid decisions for the past 3-5 years and this is just another one where we all have to wonder what was the motivation...

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They've been making some pretty stupid decisions for the past 3-5 years and this is just another one where we all have to wonder what was the motivation...

They are too rich and popular to careless about the needs of their fans which they believe they will never suffer any setbacks no matter what they do. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's actually what happens in the end when it's definitely going to be too late for them to make any amends. 

Xbox has been gaining momentum for years and with the gamepass and them acquiring major titles like Elder Scrolls and Fallout, Sony needs to start making some better moves or else Xbox will eventually overtake them.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Xbox has been gaining momentum for years and with the gamepass and them acquiring major titles like Elder Scrolls and Fallout, Sony needs to start making some better moves or else Xbox will eventually overtake them.

Sony's stay on top for a while now haven't been all that smooth sailing satisfaction for the fans, I believe it's high time another takes over. 

On 9/28/2021 at 2:39 AM, Heatman said:

Sony's stay on top for a while now haven't been all that smooth sailing satisfaction for the fans, I believe it's high time another takes over. 

This is why competition is important - it keeps things from becoming too stagnant.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This is why competition is important - it keeps things from becoming too stagnant.

Exactly - once there is a strong competition in the market for customers loyalty, the companies involved makes all efforts to gain them and not try trash.