Register Now
Heatman

How long should PS4 controller expected to last before it dies off?

On 12/30/2021 at 11:27 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, some gamers don't have any kind of time for that stress, when they are 100% sure they aren't going to fixing their controllers by themselves. 

Yeah, I do get that very well and I'm very sure that there are some gamers who aren't that rich that are always fixing their hardware. 

On 12/30/2021 at 8:50 AM, Boblee said:

Getting a new controller wouldn't stop you from trying to explore and see if you can figure out the problem by loosing the pad. 

It should be an option too, to loose the controller and check for the issue first, if it can be resolved or simply dump it completely and go for another. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It should be an option too, to loose the controller and check for the issue first, if it can be resolved or simply dump it completely and go for another. 

As far as I'm concerned, knowledge is power and it's something that's very important to know. It might come in handy in the future. 

On 1/1/2022 at 10:24 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I never tried to open my controller when it's faulty, and my controllers hardly develop fault within short period of time which I bought it. It stays for long before developing fault. And when I find fault around my controller after some time I don't bother to open it and repair the issue, I simply dump it and use other alternative. 

There is always a possibility that you can learn a new thing when you are open to it. It's a great idea for me to explore as well and see what I can pick up. 

22 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Exactly, when you explore, you can easily pick up a few things that might be very useful for you in the future especially when it comes to tech. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, when you explore, you can easily pick up a few things that might be very useful for you in the future especially when it comes to tech. 

It's why learning is very important to me when it comes to picking up something that I never really have any knowledge on in the past. 

Technology is the trending thing at the moment, it has made life easier. If you can't build a hardware tech, their is an option to go for software. Anyone can learn at the comfort of his or her home and build video games, utility apps, system apps etc. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's why learning is very important to me when it comes to picking up something that I never really have any knowledge on in the past. 

The only time that I had to work on my SEGA console controller wire was the only time I had ever experimented and it worked because I was able to fix it. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

The only time that I had to work on my SEGA console controller wire was the only time I had ever experimented and it worked because I was able to fix it. 

Partial contact with wired controllers is something that is very common. I think that it happened to all who made use of wired controllers back then. 

On 1/3/2022 at 7:55 PM, Boblee said:

Such is a learning process, who knows I can get experience of repairing a controller from there, and decide to go further for a professional course via controllers and console repair. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Such is a learning process, who knows I can get experience of repairing a controller from there, and decide to go further for a professional course via controllers and console repair. 

Exactly, there is always a possibility that you may be able to learn a few things from doing some practical with the already faulty controller. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, there is always a possibility that you may be able to learn a few things from doing some practical with the already faulty controller. 

I know their will always be a step forward for me before advancing to the next level. And after the first stage, I need to seek professional guidance from a veteran in the field. 

On 1/5/2022 at 9:15 AM, Heatman said:

Partial contact with wired controllers is something that is very common. I think that it happened to all who made use of wired controllers back then. 

Once the wires keeps getting entangled, then having partial contact is something that will be a constant with using the controller.