Register Now
Kane99

Nintendo next to do VR?

Nintendo did try to do a VR headset thing a while ago through their labo kit, but it isn't like VR in the sense of what Oculus does. Do you think that Nintendo could join the VR world one of these days? I think it'd be great to see Nintendo doing VR, because they have a catalog of games that could easily do VR. Imagine playing a Zelda game in VR, or flipping around a level as Mario. 

I don't see it happening anytime soon though. It's probably years off. 

After the colossal failure of the Virtual Boy, they're still scared of going that way. Virtual Boy was supposed to be their entry into the VR world. It was universally hated for many reasons. Nintendo lost millions, possibly billions on it. There were less than 100 games for it.

So if they can get past that fear, they might. Hell they might secretly have something in production that they're trying to perfect. They're shady enough to keep secrets pretty well hidden. With the occasional disgruntled employee leaking information, and then being both fired and sued when they discover who it was.

VR is the wave of the future. But maybe not necessarily for every platform. I mean Nintendo was just a playing card manufacturer in the 1800's. Now look at them.

14 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I mean Nintendo was just a playing card manufacturer in the 1800's. Now look at them.

I had no idea they made cards since the 1800's! I had to look that up. There should be a post about Nintendo's history. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/history-of-nintendo-130-years-video-games-super-mario-zelda-2019-9#after-years-of-selling-its-games-made-for-devices-designed-by-other-companies-nintendo-released-its-own-game-console-the-nintendo-entertainment-system-worldwide-in-1985-13

5d8110542e22af525c7ddab5.thumb.jpeg.528a89a7e7312aed68028970976de973.jpeg

5d7fe5882e22af1db33e1e12.jpeg.36bd0fb09f990b030fc9f11e51d2edd3.jpeg

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

After the colossal failure of the Virtual Boy, they're still scared of going that way. Virtual Boy was supposed to be their entry into the VR world. It was universally hated for many reasons. Nintendo lost millions, possibly billions on it. There were less than 100 games for it.

So if they can get past that fear, they might. Hell they might secretly have something in production that they're trying to perfect. They're shady enough to keep secrets pretty well hidden. With the occasional disgruntled employee leaking information, and then being both fired and sued when they discover who it was.

VR is the wave of the future. But maybe not necessarily for every platform. I mean Nintendo was just a playing card manufacturer in the 1800's. Now look at them.

True, but the tech is there, so it's just about taking the time and money to make something VR related. I think what will eventually happen, is that they will end up supporting VR headsets maybe, so that people can use their VR headsets on VR enables Nintendo games. It would save them having to make their own VR headset, and would probably save them money in the long run. 

5 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yeah they started out as a card company and I believe they were producing toys around the time they were looking into video games. I'm pretty sure that was the reason they got into video games. So yeah, anything is possible.