Register Now
Kane99

Star Wars: Eclipse announced

We're getting a new Star Wars game from the team at Quantic Dream. I never would have expected Quantic Dream to make a Star Wars game, or any other popular IP for that matter, but it looks like they're taking new steps into their future. This is just a cinematic trailer, but it looks really cool. I hope it's not like Quantic Dreams choice driven style of games, but maybe that'll be good idk. 

Incredibile trailer, would indeed easily be suitable for a movie. Hopefully the game will be as original as the trailer looks. If they want to make lots of Star Wars content in the future, they need to take risks and reinvent it in an original way while still maintaining what made Star Wars what it is. Might do a breakdown of the trailer on my channel.

Quantic already tried to mix it up with action in Beyond Two Souls, and it didn't work out too well. The action sequences were on rails, and very clumsy. It was evident nobody at the studio knew how to make a good action game. I hope they hired some people with more experience this time around.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

Incredibile trailer, would indeed easily be suitable for a movie. Hopefully the game will be as original as the trailer looks. If they want to make lots of Star Wars content in the future, they need to take risks and reinvent it in an original way while still maintaining what made Star Wars what it is. Might do a breakdown of the trailer on my channel.

I know right, it's a really powerful trailer. Makes me kinda worry about the gameplay, because I worry that it's not going to be this good. But, we shall see. I'm still excited to see how this plays. 

On 12/10/2021 at 2:48 PM, Empire said:

Exactly, that's one of the biggest challenges most game companies faces today when it comes to not being able to get in the game's originality in play.