Register Now
Kane99

Documentaries about game development

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

What are some good documentaries about game development or development on certain games? I'm interested in any shows or movies about it. I've seen documentaries like King of Kong, but that's a different subject. 

This article is what I was able to come up with after trying to research on the subject matter. I hope it helps with your inquiry. 

https://conceptartempire.com/video-game-documentaries/

On 1/11/2022 at 10:35 PM, Techno said:

I would recommend Power On: The Xbox Story, it's actually a really fascinating documentary, they actually talk about their mistakes. It's all on YouTube so it's easy to find.

Yeah that's the one Xbox released recently right? I've been meaning to check that one out. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

This article is what I was able to come up with after trying to research on the subject matter. I hope it helps with your inquiry. 

https://conceptartempire.com/video-game-documentaries/

Thanks for sharing,  I'll check it out.

On 1/12/2022 at 4:35 AM, Techno said:

I would recommend Power On: The Xbox Story, it's actually a really fascinating documentary, they actually talk about their mistakes. It's all on YouTube so it's easy to find.

Seriously, that's on fascinating documentary that every gamer wouldn't like to miss out on. I really enjoyed it. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, that's on fascinating documentary that every gamer wouldn't like to miss out on. I really enjoyed it. 

Yeah, me too. I did enjoyed watching that Power On: The Xbox Story documentary. It's one knowledge packed documentary. 

I checked the list out, and there's some good options there. I already saw some of them, but one I liked was Indie Game: The Movie. I recommend it. I think it's the one with Phil Fish, who made Fez I believe. I think he turned out to be a douche after the release. The movie kinda shows it if I remember correctly. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I checked the list out, and there's some good options there. I already saw some of them, but one I liked was Indie Game: The Movie. I recommend it. I think it's the one with Phil Fish, who made Fez I believe. I think he turned out to be a douche after the release. The movie kinda shows it if I remember correctly. 

Here is what I was able to get from one my favorite YouTube channel on the documentary of Indie Game: The Movie. The trailer says it all. 

On 1/17/2022 at 11:53 AM, Boblee said:

The documentary on Atari: Game Over is something that's very rich new generation gamers who never knew anything about how great Atari was in the 80's.

My cousin who's just 10 years old don't even know anything about Atari or what they contributed to the gaming industry. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

My cousin who's just 10 years old don't even know anything about Atari or what they contributed to the gaming industry. 

It's definitely off his gaming age, so there is no way he's supposed to know anything about Atari unless he's given a tour or watched a documentary about it.