Register Now
Shagger

New to video editing, any tips?

On 7/6/2022 at 9:00 AM, Clasher said:

I recently gained interest in video editing because I want to expand more than just contents writing and copywriting to contents creation and influencing and the later requires video editing.

For the most recent videos I am working on I used canva Because it is more easier to understand and use as I progress further I would look for more complex video editing software and try out my hands on.

Canva is a good beginner but you can go with Adobe Premiere which is pricey but is used as an industry standard. There's also Sony Vegas which is a far cheaper alternative but still does an excellent job. Camtasia and Filmora are also decent options.

On 7/29/2022 at 6:43 PM, killamch89 said:

Canva is a good beginner but you can go with Adobe Premiere which is pricey but is used as an industry standard. There's also Sony Vegas which is a far cheaper alternative but still does an excellent job. Camtasia and Filmora are also decent options.

Since I am just starting out I felt I should just try out my hands with canva.

I have been watching several videos on video editing and soon enough I would be well grounded using adobe premiere .

I used canva, vllo, vn, capcut for editing jobs. I am not a professional video editor, I'm trying my hands to be perfect. Canva and others I mentioned have so many features to make your design look cool. You don't need to customize much on your own, you can upgrade your membership with those softwares and get the best editing tools for any video design, photo, and so on editable with the softwares. 

On 8/7/2022 at 4:09 PM, Justin11 said:

I used canva, vllo, vn, capcut for editing jobs. I am not a professional video editor, I'm trying my hands to be perfect. Canva and others I mentioned have so many features to make your design look cool. You don't need to customize much on your own, you can upgrade your membership with those softwares and get the best editing tools for any video design, photo, and so on editable with the softwares. 

I just started using capcut recently and it's really good for less complicated video Editing and great for beginners.

You could even record voice overs with capcut and have them play over the video while a background music or beat is on simultaneously for YouTube videos.

Great video editing app imo.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

I just started using capcut recently and it's really good for less complicated video Editing and great for beginners.

You could even record voice overs with capcut and have them play over the video while a background music or beat is on simultaneously for YouTube videos.

Great video editing app imo.

Yes, I use it as well, it's a great video editing app, it's developers did extremely well to get it down with android devices. And the videos I did with it on my YouTube are inch quality with the reviews of my friends, I'll continue using caput for the time being. 

On 8/21/2022 at 2:07 AM, Justin11 said:

Yes, I use it as well, it's a great video editing app, it's developers did extremely well to get it down with android devices. And the videos I did with it on my YouTube are inch quality with the reviews of my friends, I'll continue using caput for the time being. 

Have you used it for video editing with longer duration ( like an hour long) ?

It works pretty fine for shorter videos and I haven't tried editing a longer video with it, do you think it would be suitable for that as well.

22 hours ago, Clasher said:

Have you used it for video editing with longer duration ( like an hour long) ?

It works pretty fine for shorter videos and I haven't tried editing a longer video with it, do you think it would be suitable for that as well.

The only thing I'll say it isn't suitable for is 'movie. Movies are too long to be edited using a mobile app, you need to settle down in a wider screen hardware and not on mobile to edit such a long video. Capcut can edit videos longer than two hours, it depends on the quality you want, but I'll say it is the best mobile editing app I've used so far. 

If you’re new to video editing, my advice to you would be to watch YouTube tutorials and don’t aim too high. Start with some basic like transitions and text titles, then figure out graphics and advanced animations. If you need any specific help? Let me know.