Register Now
StaceyPowers

What technical improvements can increase atmosphere and immersion in a game?

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Adaptive triggers features is already made available in Playstation 5 now if I'm not mistaken. 

What does simply stating that add? Have you experienced it? How does it feel? Does it make a major difference? Just stating a simple fact adds noting to the conversation. I'm really looking forward to trying that feature out myself, from what I've heard it looks amazing, but without trying it I can't form an opinion about it yet. That's why I've said nothing about it. You're not wrong or anything, you even doubted yourself, so why not "google" to make sure what you were right first? I know why, because that's more effort than the VGR forum deserves.

Because I like to put effort and purpose into what I post, here is a video on adaptive triggers and haptic feedback on PS5.

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

Adaptive triggers features is already made available in Playstation 5 now if I'm not mistaken. 

I wouldn't know that because I ain't got Playstation 5 yet but if it's already available on Playstation 5 games, it's a nice upgrade that's going to make shooting games better based on what I have read on it which gives you different dynamic feelings with each weapons used. 

Edited by Heatman

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

That's definitely going to be something I'd wait to experience first hand when I end up getting a PS5 for myself soon 😊

It's absolutely mindblowing when you first try it out. But the haptic quality differs with game so keep that in mind. Some implement it in very immersive and satisfying ways, others like miles morales kind of treat it like an afterthough. I'd highly reccomend Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart as your first PS5 game, that has the best implementation of it I would say. Deathloop and Godfall also implements it pretty well.

Edited by NightmareFarm

1 hour ago, NightmareFarm said:

It's absolutely mindblowing when you first try it out. But the haptic quality differs with game so keep that in mind. Some implement it in very immersive and satisfying ways, others like miles morales kind of treat it like an afterthough. I'd highly reccomend Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart as your first PS5 game, that has the best implementation of it I would say. Deathloop and Godfall also implements it pretty well.

I have read so much about the Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart on how it's tied with hepatic feedback on PS5. I think that it was used in video explaining how it works. 

10 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Thanks so much for the recommendations. I will keep Deathloop and Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart on top of my wishlist.