Register Now
Yaramaki

What Video game Genres Did You Used to Love but Don't Play Very Much Anymore?

As title says what video game genre did you played a lot back in the day but not so much or not at all anymore these days?

For me it's :

Fighting games -> I just don't really have the time and patience to put hundreds of hours into a fighting game in order to become good at it anymore. I used to put hundreds of hours into games like street fighter, mortal kombat, king of fighters, guilty gear, etc etc to master every fighter. I still play and buy some but just for the story mode once i beat that i'm usually done with the game. This used to be my favourite genre for years but now eh.

First person shooters ->  used to play a lot of them but just for the campaign but since those become either absent or shorter with every new release, can't say i've played a fps in years. 

Real time strategy -> used to play a ton of settlers and age of empires 2 back in the day on my dad's pc. I feel like Rts games you need to play on pc, sure some work fine on consoles like civililaztion 6 amongst a bunch of others but i would much rather play these with a mouse and keyboard, needless to say if i was to play them these suck up a lot time.

Platformers -> Pretty much the dominant genre in the early 90 ies, every console had dozens of them. I really loved platformers up until a few years ago, these days whenever i try to play one, i lose interest quickly and you know i just find them boring.

Edited by Yaramaki

For me its just Adventure Turn based RPGS, I used to play a ton of game like this on the handhelds that I used to own , Fire emblem, Final Fantasy, Legend of Mana, etc but nowadays I just avoid them, with these types of games you have to pour in a lot of hours and lately I dont have a lot of time to play.

Kart racers. Since my partner's grandparents, who she was very close to, passed away in a tragic motor incident I've not been able to bring myself to have fun with the vehicular destruction that is part and parcel to the genre. She's said she's fine with me continuing to play those games, and that's greatly appreciated, but there's not many that have come out in recent years that are worth playing anyway. My mantle for the fastest racer for the galaxy is ready to be taken.

49 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

As title says what video game genre did you played a lot back in the day but not so much or not at all anymore these days?

For me it's :

Fighting games -> I just don't really have the time and patience to put hundreds of hours into a fighting game in order to become good at it anymore. I used to put hundreds of hours into games like street fighter, mortal kombat, king of fighters, guilty gear, etc etc to master every fighter. I still play and buy some but just for the story mode once i beat that i'm usually done with the game. This used to be my favourite genre for years but now eh.

First person shooters ->  used to play a lot of them but just for the campaign but since those become either absent or shorter with every new release, can't say i've played a fps in years. 

Real time strategy -> used to play a ton of settlers and age of empires 2 back in the day on my dad's pc. I feel like Rts games you need to play on pc, sure some work fine on consoles like civililaztion 6 amongst a bunch of others but i would much rather play these with a mouse and keyboard, needless to say if i was to play them these suck up a lot time.

Platformers -> Pretty much the dominant genre in the early 90 ies, every console had dozens of them. I really loved platformers up until a few years ago, these days whenever i try to play one, i lose interest quickly and you know i just find them boring.

I used to be a very big fan of puzzle games but for about two years now, it's been something that I have seen myself getting disconnect from and it feels sad.