Register Now
Clasher

longest hours spent on video games?

On 6/3/2022 at 9:46 PM, Withywarlock said:

I think my record's about 16 hours (without changing or closing down the game), waiting for a spectral bear to show up in World of Warcraft's Grizzly Hills. I finally went to bed at 03:00 in the morning, waking up four hours later thinking "it's got to have shown up now, surely?" And then I remembered how many people have been waiting for this thing to appear for weeks on end, and I'd only been there for a day. Well, Blizzard earned their sub money that day.

Another time was playing Total War: Rome II, chatting with my now girlfriend, listening to Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the background until 01-03:00 AM. I wish I had the ability to do that still; now we go for a lap around the park and I'm ready for bed at 19:00! 😅

You gave it a long ride for 16 hours without changing or closing down the game. The very first time I did that, it took its toll on me for 3 days before I was able to regain my full energy burnt in the game. 

My brother pulled off 7 hours on Dying Light 2 yesterday and I was shocked how he was able to do that. I left home when he was playing and got back in the evening after 7 hours and he was still playing. I can't remember the last time I played any game that long in a day without break. 

Edited by Heatman

On 6/3/2022 at 9:46 PM, Withywarlock said:

I think my record's about 16 hours (without changing or closing down the game), waiting for a spectral bear to show up in World of Warcraft's Grizzly Hills. I finally went to bed at 03:00 in the morning, waking up four hours later thinking "it's got to have shown up now, surely?" And then I remembered how many people have been waiting for this thing to appear for weeks on end, and I'd only been there for a day. Well, Blizzard earned their sub money that day.

Another time was playing Total War: Rome II, chatting with my now girlfriend, listening to Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the background until 01-03:00 AM. I wish I had the ability to do that still; now we go for a lap around the park and I'm ready for bed at 19:00! 😅

This is hilarious, the most time I have spent playing just a single game would be 10 hours and that was when I started playing Blood Borne. Though I have spent longer hours on video games but it wasn't just in a single game, I played a variety of games.

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

My brother pulled off 7 hours on Dying Light 2 yesterday and I was shocked how he was able to do that. I left home when he was playing and got back in the evening after 7 hours and he was still playing. I can't remember the last time I played any game that long in a day without break. 

It looks like Dying Light 2 is very interesting. I'm yet to get the game, although I have played the first release of the game. 

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

Last weekend I played for almost 6 hours straight or more and that's the longest I have spent playing videogames in the last two weeks.

I have played for 6 hours recently but it wasn't a one stretch 6 hours but 2 hours in different time in the day. It should be on Friday last week that I did that. 

4 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I have played for 6 hours recently but it wasn't a one stretch 6 hours but 2 hours in different time in the day. It should be on Friday last week that I did that. 

Okay.

What game where you playing that got you so hooked and you had to come back after every 2 hours of game play to continue?

13 hours ago, Clasher said:

Last weekend I played for almost 6 hours straight or more and that's the longest I have spent playing videogames in the last two weeks.

A friend of mine introduced me to one online game called Decurse, where you can connect with your friends on Facebook and even make new friends too.

She told me that in the game you can join clubhouse and work together on challenges, earn points and see how you rank on leaderboard.

I'm planning on going all in the game for my first play for at least 5 hours and see where that puts me on the leaderboard. 

19 hours ago, Clasher said:

Okay.

What game where you playing that got you so hooked and you had to come back after every 2 hours of game play to continue?

It was Ghost of Tsushima. I was in serious mood for the game that very day. The more I played it, the more I wanted to play more and that's how I took it up to 6 hours of play. 

8 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It was Ghost of Tsushima. I was in serious mood for the game that very day. The more I played it, the more I wanted to play more and that's how I took it up to 6 hours of play. 

I haven't played Ghost of Tsushima but a game that always got me running back to my seat to play when I started playing it was valheim on PC and I think a sequel of this game is teased to be released soon and it will be available on Xbox as well.

13 hours ago, Clasher said:

I haven't played Ghost of Tsushima but a game that always got me running back to my seat to play when I started playing it was valheim on PC and I think a sequel of this game is teased to be released soon and it will be available on Xbox as well.

This looks interesting. It's got a sort of adventure, horror, monster fighting and good meele battle system. It's kind of what I would like to play. 

Back in 2015 I spent an absolutely stupid amount of time on a single game which I thoroughly regret. Back in the day I was a Kojima fanboy, and had convinced myself that Metal Gear Solid 5 was going to be the gaming event of the century. So, I used some of my vacation time and took an entire week off work on the week the game released. And so for a week I did nothing but play MGS5, with breaks for eating, sleeping, showering, etc. I'm certain there were multiple 16-hour sessions in there. I put so many hours in that I was able to finish the game the very next week, and this is a game that takes around 250 hours to finish. And my reward for my insane gaming streak was Kojima kicking me in the balls at the end of the game and acting like he did me a favor.

And that's how I learned not to fanboy for game developers, and not to spend an entire week on a single video game.

20 hours ago, Clasher said:

6 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

This looks interesting. It's got a sort of adventure, horror, monster fighting and good meele battle system. It's kind of what I would like to play. 

Yeah , valheim is a really interesting game and if you are a fan  of seas , pirates and Vikings war then you would certainly like it.

When I first started playing I usually played for several hours non stop especially on weekends.