Register Now
Clasher

longest hours spent on video games?

On 6/16/2022 at 1:00 PM, Clasher said:

I haven't played Ghost of Tsushima but a game that always got me running back to my seat to play when I started playing it was valheim on PC and I think a sequel of this game is teased to be released soon and it will be available on Xbox as well.

I'm a bit confused as you said it's going to be rereleased on the Xbox but you called it a sequel. A sequel would be a completely different game that took place sometime after the original game. A rerelease is just putting it out on another platform. So is it a sequel or a rerelease?

On 6/16/2022 at 9:59 AM, Aniekwe said:

It was Ghost of Tsushima. I was in serious mood for the game that very day. The more I played it, the more I wanted to play more and that's how I took it up to 6 hours of play. 

I had the same experience with playing Ghost of Tsushima when it was released in 2020. The very day I purchased the game, I played it for about 6 hours and still repeated the same the 2nd day. It was like a poison I couldn't say no to. 

13 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I'm a bit confused as you said it's going to be rereleased on the Xbox but you called it a sequel. A sequel would be a completely different game that took place sometime after the original game. A rerelease is just putting it out on another platform. So is it a sequel or a rerelease?

It's actually a rerelease and not a sequel. Sorry for the misinformation.

The game was a huge success in 2021 but it was exclusively on PC so iron gate studios is working on rereleasing it on other platforms like Xbox soon.

8 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

I had the same experience with playing Ghost of Tsushima when it was released in 2020. The very day I purchased the game, I played it for about 6 hours and still repeated the same the 2nd day. It was like a poison I couldn't say no to. 

It's a pity I can't get my hands on a PS5 or else I'd have already been playing Ghost of Tsushima. I'm glad that it'll be coming to PC in the coming years though.

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

It's actually a rerelease and not a sequel. Sorry for the misinformation.

The game was a huge success in 2021 but it was exclusively on PC so iron gate studios is working on rereleasing it on other platforms like Xbox soon.

Thanks for the clarification...

It's been a while I spent that two hours or mort playing video games in the past six months. But recently I did spend that two hours playing Motor GP 21. The new features of the game is appealing, especially the motorcycles listed in the game. 

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

It's a pity I can't get my hands on a PS5 or else I'd have already been playing Ghost of Tsushima. I'm glad that it'll be coming to PC in the coming years though.

I don't have Playstation 5 either. It's on my Playstation 4 that I'm playing the game. I wouldn't mind getting it on PS5 as well when I eventually get to own the scarce console 😔

I have been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on my Nintendo Switch since 5:00 AM that I woke up.

Its been 5 hours now and I think that's the longest time I have played the game ever since I got it. I might still go on for a little while before I stop it for the day. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It's been a while I spent that two hours or mort playing video games in the past six months. But recently I did spend that two hours playing Motor GP 21. The new features of the game is appealing, especially the motorcycles listed in the game. 

I would say that 2 hours of playing video games in a day is more like an average playing duration for most gamers.

For me, I wouldn't consider it too long because anything less than that would feel too short for me to even enjoy the game well. 

9 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I would say that 2 hours of playing video games in a day is more like an average playing duration for most gamers.

For me, I wouldn't consider it too long because anything less than that would feel too short for me to even enjoy the game well. 

This is because you probably have more time on your hands to play longer than others. There are some gamers that struggle with getting 30 minutes of gaming time on daily basis. 

13 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

This is because you probably have more time on your hands to play longer than others. There are some gamers that struggle with getting 30 minutes of gaming time on daily basis. 

Maybe you're right in this one because I can admit that I have the time to play a little bit more than others in this situation. 

17 hours ago, Grungie said:

The longest I’ve gone was like 10-12 hours within a single day. Though that was the total time and not a constant time.

Playing on for 12 hours straight would cause a major burnout for you. It would even get to the point where you wouldn't enjoy the game anymore because of overplaying.