Register Now
Kane99

The Quarry, worth checking out?

The Quarry recently came out a few weeks ago I think, and I haven't heard a lot about it since. I saw some people playing it on twitch, but I feel like it's kinda been forgotten. Has anyone here played it yet? Is it worth checking out? I heard it's like a spiritual successor to Until Dawn, and from what I did see, I get that vibe from it. It has an all star cast as well, so I'm kinda tempted to watch a lets play at least. 

This game triller reminded me of a movie I watched some months ago and it has a similar storyline to it.

I enjoyed how the game progressed though I haven't heard anything about it up untill now, I would check it out as soon as i can , and Maybe get to play it myself too.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

This game triller reminded me of a movie I watched some months ago and it has a similar storyline to it.

I enjoyed how the game progressed though I haven't heard anything about it up untill now, I would check it out as soon as i can , and Maybe get to play it myself too.

You should check out Until Dawn if you haven't already. I believe the same team behind this made that. As well, the Man of Medan series is kinda similar in that they use real actors. I haven't played Until Dawn or Man of Medan, but I've been meaning to play those, and now I have The Quarry as another option to check out. 

I really hope they continue to make games like this, because they do look quite good. 

22 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

the Man of Medan series

Yo man, you just reminded me some really cool game I played In the later part of 2019 and early 2020, the survival horror was a such a good game , you can switch between single player or multiplayer mode and comparing it with the triller for quarry there are very many similarities, maybe that's why it looked so familiar. The man of Medan was even nominated for an award.

always, and I mean always excited to see another choose-your-own type game announced from you guys. I was sucked in with Little Hope, then Man of Medan, Until Dawn, and House of Ashes. Eagerly awaiting this new one and The Devil in Me!!!!!!!!!! keep it up yall please I'll keep buying them

On 7/6/2022 at 3:06 PM, Clasher said:

Yo man, you just reminded me some really cool game I played In the later part of 2019 and early 2020, the survival horror was a such a good game , you can switch between single player or multiplayer mode and comparing it with the triller for quarry there are very many similarities, maybe that's why it looked so familiar. The man of Medan was even nominated for an award.

The Man of Medan series is made by the same team at Supermassive Games. They also made Until Dawn, which was their major hit that was exclusive to the PS4 and PS4 VR. I never got to play it, but I watched a playthrough and it looked like a good time. Same with the first Man of Medan game, but I haven't checked the other ones yet. 

On 7/6/2022 at 7:39 PM, Kane99 said:

You should check out Until Dawn if you haven't already. I believe the same team behind this made that. As well, the Man of Medan series is kinda similar in that they use real actors. I haven't played Until Dawn or Man of Medan, but I've been meaning to play those, and now I have The Quarry as another option to check out. 

I really hope they continue to make games like this, because they do look quite good. 

I have played Until Dawn and judging from the game's trailer, it seems kind related to the gameplay of Until Dawn. I'm not sure if I'd willing to replay something similar to Until Dawn which in fact was a good one. I might be staying away from this one but not discouraging anyone not to play it. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have played Until Dawn and judging from the game's trailer, it seems kind related to the gameplay of Until Dawn. I'm not sure if I'd willing to replay something similar to Until Dawn which in fact was a good one. I might be staying away from this one but not discouraging anyone not to play it. 

I believe it's similar in gameplay and graphics to both Until Dawn and Man of Medan series. I know they also  have a cast of characters in each game that you play as throughout the game. I think it's the same for The Quarry. 

But yeah, I hear it's quite similar in style and gameplay. I mean it is kinda a spiritual successor to Until Dawn. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I believe it's similar in gameplay and graphics to both Until Dawn and Man of Medan series. I know they also  have a cast of characters in each game that you play as throughout the game. I think it's the same for The Quarry. 

But yeah, I hear it's quite similar in style and gameplay. I mean it is kinda a spiritual successor to Until Dawn. 

Yeah, you can say that about it being spiritual successor to Until Dawn and and I'm sure it's going to do good justice to it. I might as well look up some reviews and see what those who's gotten into playing it would have to say about it in relation to how Until Dawn pans out. 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:18 PM, Kane99 said:

The Man of Medan series is made by the same team at Supermassive Games. They also made Until Dawn, which was their major hit that was exclusive to the PS4 and PS4 VR. I never got to play it, but I watched a playthrough and it looked like a good time. Same with the first Man of Medan game, but I haven't checked the other ones yet. 

I decided to get the quarry for my ps4 and I played for a few hours.

It's quite similar to the man of Medan but they still got a lot difference similar storyline but the turnout of events and how the story progressed is different.

The quarry is quite an interesting survival horror game to play.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

I decided to get the quarry for my ps4 and I played for a few hours.

It's quite similar to the man of Medan but they still got a lot difference similar storyline but the turnout of events and how the story progressed is different.

The quarry is quite an interesting survival horror game to play.

From the spoilers I saw the game's review on IGN because it had some gameplay brought in on the review. It's definitely an excellent and interesting game. I'm going to give it a go as soon as I can. 

48 minutes ago, Heatman said:

From the spoilers I saw the game's review on IGN because it had some gameplay brought in on the review. It's definitely an excellent and interesting game. I'm going to give it a go as soon as I can. 

The review gives a pretty good incite into what the game is about, but playing it for your self would give you  a much better experience.

If you are a fan of survival horror video games then you should definitely try it out.

Edited by Clasher

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

The review gives a pretty good incite into what the game is about, but playing it for your self would give you  a much better experience.

If you are a fan of survival horror video games then you should definitely try it out.

I love survival horror video games genres very well. It's why I have already played Until Dawn and did enjoyed ever bit of it. I'm sure that The Quarry will offer something good too and the review just supported that. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

I've been hearing good things about it, but I think I'll wait on getting it until it comes down on sale. With these types of games, I usually only play them once, so I can't see myself getting it until it lowers some in price. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I've been hearing good things about it, but I think I'll wait on getting it until it comes down on sale. With these types of games, I usually only play them once, so I can't see myself getting it until it lowers some in price. 

Yeah, that's the same thing which I'm looking at doing as well. I'm not going to rush into getting the game immediately on release but wait it out a little bit and probably get it when there's a discount on it.