Register Now
harleyqbx

Ask HarleyQBx

On 7/9/2022 at 4:45 PM, DC said:

What are some of your hobbies and things you like to do for fun, outside of gaming?

These days? Sleep. I work a lot, and then there's the kid. So, sleep is what I like to do for fun. But, when I actually have some free time, I draw. I build things. The last 5 or so years, I've been building dice jails of various sizes for use in TTRPG groups. But I've done larger work, like built simple furniture and done modifications to bought furniture to make it fit a space better. I like working with my hands. I like hiking and biking too. I learned some Karate in HS, and sometimes I work that into my exercise routine. I haven't had time to lately, but I'd love to get that back in my workout again because it feels good. 

On 7/10/2022 at 11:27 AM, Clasher said:

Where are you from? (you could choose not to include where you are staying currently)

I'm still living in the same state I was born, though I've visited other states. I'm originally from the Bronx, NY. I've lived in the Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, and in Westchester County. A lot of people go to Manhattan and never venture outside it. But, I'd recommend exploring the boroughs if you do come here. Especially if you like your food. There's a lot of good food if you're willing to venture out a little farther. I'm bummed that some of my favorite places closed during the pandemic, but I'm sure I'll find some new delicious eats.

Edited by harleyqbx

I've thought about that a lot over the last decade or so. I've looked at expat communities in Mexico, because I have family from there and can more easily apply for citizenship, and maintain then dual citizenship. But, I also really loved that time I spent in Oahu, HI. There's good hiking. A number of state parks. I have to do more research, though to see what's a better fit. There's a difference between visiting somewhere and living there. I'm definitely a city brat, being from the Bronx, and having access to the arts is important to me, but I have a deep appreciation of nature, hiking, camping and fishing.

Edited by harleyqbx

I don't have any specific trigger subjects. Nothing NSFW, of course. Beyond that, I may not know until I hear the question. I will take questions asked in stride and be chill about it, but am allowed to politely decline or answer diplomatically/vaguely if I feel the question far too personal, legitimately makes me uncomfortable, or I feel will affect my relationship with any place of employment past, present or future. I think that's fair.