Register Now
Yaramaki

Good games with bad gameplay

On 7/11/2022 at 9:25 AM, Yaramaki said:

So what are some games you enjoyed that are generally be seen as good by gamers but quite frankly have terrible or clunky gameplay. I'll start with the first two that came to my mind when i tought about creating a topic for it. Offcourse i should include Deadly premonition but i've already talked way too much about that game in previous topics i'll just mention it briefly.

Heavy Rain -> Great game, great story likeable characters but when i think back off it the controls are quite terrible and the gameplay is as boring as going to church on sunday. Bad example i know like who on earth still does that 😞

Mass Effect 1 -> the entire trilogy are classics imo but the first game hasn't aged very well, while everithing else about the game is still top notch the controls are just clunky and a pain to use by todays standards. Driving around the Moka is probably the biggest pain in the ass, well i'm sure you know what i mean if you played the original game. I think they finally fixed it with the trilogy.

Right surely i know more like alpha protocol and the first nier game just to name a few but i can't remember much about those games anymore so i'll leave some for the rest of you guys/gals as i'm kinda curious what you can come up with! 

Honestly I couldn't get into mass effect because of the controls. I remember the aiming feeling stiff, at least for me. And I could get into the shooting mechanics. 

I wanted to give it a try, but I ended up giving up fast. 

18 hours ago, Clasher said:

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes: it has many great reviews and people do think it's a really good game, though they could be right but for me I feel the game play of this video game doesn't befit it and just made it a really wacky game though I still played it till the end anyways.

Gamers preferences differ greatly. What might be a solid game to gamer A might be poor to gamer B. It's all about sticking to playing what works for you and moving on from what doesn't suit your preferred gaming. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

What might be a solid game to gamer A might be poor to gamer B

I don't really understand your point here, but from what the OP said in the thread , it isn't really about what others think but rating the game out of your own personal scale of judgement.

Just Kindly state yours instead, don't bother about mine.