Register Now
Justin11

Do you think Leo Messi will struggle in PL football?

One thing I've always heard is that, Messi wouldn't perform at his best due to high explosiveness of English Premier League football. But did you know, he scored more UCL goals to premier league opponents than any other league in Europe. 

Share your opinion please! 

I don't like it when people see Messi as a less versatile player, Messi is a talented footballer and has pretty much conquered the world of football even from Spain.

Most of the teams in PL right now has once upon a time come face to face with Messi and were humiliated by him to say the least.

I believe playing from any other team aside barca in the premier league he would still dazzle as we have always known him to.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

I don't like it when people see Messi as a less versatile player, Messi is a talented footballer and has pretty much conquered the world of football even from Spain.

Most of the teams in PL right now has once upon a time come face to face with Messi and were humiliated by him to say the least.

I believe playing from any other team aside barca in the premier league he would still dazzle as we have always known him to.

Yeah, their is no league Messi wouldn't succeed in. Forget it that he isn't having the best of time at France League, but he managed to chip in some crucial goals and assists during his first season there. Let's watch out what this season will being to him, if he gonna be a hit or miss in the league. If Messi can score all big teams in the premier league, it means he will score lots of goals if eventually he migrates to that league in the future. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

but he managed to chip in some crucial goals and assists during his first season there

Messi is a team player and is not selfish for goals he actually creates room for all to shine along with him, look at the kind of chemistry he has built with mbappe and Neymar playing for PSG and there have still been times when all three scores in one match, you can actually say that for other teams where they are more than one star player.

Messi still did that for barca too when we had Messi, Suarez and Neymar at the front and they still all dazzled along side Messi without any issues.

Messi is Super talented, not selfish and allows everyone to shine as well despite been the center of attraction in the team I believe he would still do well in the PL.

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

Messi is a team player and is not selfish for goals he actually creates room for all to shine along with him, look at the kind of chemistry he has built with mbappe and Neymar playing for PSG and there have still been times when all three scores in one match, you can actually say that for other teams where they are more than one star player.

Messi still did that for barca too when we had Messi, Suarez and Neymar at the front and they still all dazzled along side Messi without any issues.

Messi is Super talented, not selfish and allows everyone to shine as well despite been the center of attraction in the team I believe he would still do well in the PL.

You said it perfectly bro, Messi is never selfish, he is very creative, always help his teammates to score even when one of his scoring partner is facing dry scoring spell. He helps out by leaving out penalty to the player, in order to build up confidence and start scoring freely. Imagine Messi when Barcà operated under the MSN trio, each of them scored over 20 goals in their first season 2014/2015. Messi just need the right players around him and he'll shine in any league, not just in English Premier League. 

Messi isn't in his prime anymore and is declining in all aspects especially his pace so he'd be easily dealt with in the Premier League. He's been struggling in France all season and Ligue 1 is nowhere near as physical or as fast-paced as the Premier League.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

Messi isn't in his prime anymore and is declining in all aspects especially his pace so he'd be easily dealt with in the Premier League. He's been struggling in France all season and Ligue 1 is nowhere near as physical or as fast-paced as the Premier League.

Even at that, he wouldn't struggle man, I believe he'll get 20+ goals a season. If Ronaldo can score over 15 Premier League a season, then I believe Messi can also replicate such.  When you're counting for the goals, always put goal involvements, and add up his assists, you'll realized that, Messi manage some good season in France League. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Even at that, he wouldn't struggle man, I believe he'll get 20+ goals a season. If Ronaldo can score over 15 Premier League a season, then I believe Messi can also replicate such.  When you're counting for the goals, always put goal involvements, and add up his assists, you'll realized that, Messi manage some good season in France League. 

Messi has one goal in the French League... In the Premier League, players have to have lots of stamina and pace to attack and defend as a team and Messi hardly tracks back to help his team.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Messi has one goal in the French League... In the Premier League, players have to have lots of stamina and pace to attack and defend as a team and Messi hardly tracks back to help his team.

Messi scored about six goals in the French League, you can research about it. He didn't perform at his usual best, but I believe next season will be better. And I also believe that, Messi will succeed in the Premier League as well irrespective of age. 

22 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Messi scored about six goals in the French League, you can research about it. He didn't perform at his usual best, but I believe next season will be better. And I also believe that, Messi will succeed in the Premier League as well irrespective of age. 

We can agree to disagree but I've been watching Messi play against teams like Man City and the thing that stands out to me is that he no longer has the pace to even get back and defend and he loses a lot of physical battles and in the PL, that's all he'd encounter so I don't think he'd thrive as much in the PL.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

We can agree to disagree but I've been watching Messi play against teams like Man City and the thing that stands out to me is that he no longer has the pace to even get back and defend and he loses a lot of physical battles and in the PL, that's all he'd encounter so I don't think he'd thrive as much in the PL.

If he plays for team like 'manchester city, with world-class coach like 'pep guardiola, I don't see reasons why Messi wouldn't excel in the PL. Remember, Messi doesn't like wasting the ball, and he doesn't defend better, he is much of an attacker and creator in the team. Their is no way you can expect him to do the dirty job too. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

If he plays for team like 'manchester city, with world-class coach like 'pep guardiola, I don't see reasons why Messi wouldn't excel in the PL. Remember, Messi doesn't like wasting the ball, and he doesn't defend better, he is much of an attacker and creator in the team. Their is no way you can expect him to do the dirty job too. 

Every player in City's team is expected to track back and help defend so there's no way Pep would want Messi and that's why Pep passed up on signing him last summer when he had the opportunity.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Every player in City's team is expected to track back and help defend so there's no way Pep would want Messi and that's why Pep passed up on signing him last summer when he had the opportunity.

That's his business, but what I'll tell you is that, anyone Messi goes, he'll succeed, just Ronaldo succeeds everywhere be goes. They might be seeing him as a finished player at man united, but their is alot left for him, just as L.messi. 

On 7/15/2022 at 4:49 PM, Justin11 said:

That's his business, but what I'll tell you is that, anyone Messi goes, he'll succeed, just Ronaldo succeeds everywhere be goes. They might be seeing him as a finished player at man united, but their is alot left for him, just as L.messi. 

The one thing I'll say about Messi is that he's more of a team player though so he could probably slot into a attacking midfield role if the team would cover his defensive duties. The tricky part is to find teams that will do that nowadays.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The one thing I'll say about Messi is that he's more of a team player though so he could probably slot into a attacking midfield role if the team would cover his defensive duties. The tricky part is to find teams that will do that nowadays.

Messi defends too, he marks but not often time. You don't expect your attacking minded player to do the dirty job for you as a manager and still go for the goals. Mess reserves his best energy for the business aspect of the game, which is to grind out results for the team.