Register Now
Justin11

Do you think Leo Messi will struggle in PL football?

11 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Messi defends too, he marks but not often time. You don't expect your attacking minded player to do the dirty job for you as a manager and still go for the goals. Mess reserves his best energy for the business aspect of the game, which is to grind out results for the team. 

The problem is the modern game requires attackers to put far more effort into defending and Messi has lost a good portion of his pace and stamina so that's why I say it'd be tricky for him to find a team that'll at least lighten his defensive responsibilities besides PSG at the moment.

5 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The problem is the modern game requires attackers to put far more effort into defending and Messi has lost a good portion of his pace and stamina so that's why I say it'd be tricky for him to find a team that'll at least lighten his defensive responsibilities besides PSG at the moment.

Hmm, I just can't get your point bro. How can you expect Messi to put in a defender's show in matches just to cover up for defenders. It is not his role, Messi is a born finisher and a creator, he dribbles and opens the space for teammates to score. And again, he retains possession and doesn't lose the ball casually. So, it is hard for the opposition to hold more of the ball than Messi's own team. That makes Messi more comfortable playing, he doesn't need to go defend for the team. 

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Hmm, I just can't get your point bro. How can you expect Messi to put in a defender's show in matches just to cover up for defenders. It is not his role, Messi is a born finisher and a creator, he dribbles and opens the space for teammates to score. And again, he retains possession and doesn't lose the ball casually. So, it is hard for the opposition to hold more of the ball than Messi's own team. That makes Messi more comfortable playing, he doesn't need to go defend for the team. 

It has to do with the systems of modern teams, attackers in the top teams nowadays have to be great at both attacking and putting in lots of defensive work and it has to be done throughout the 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

It has to do with the systems of modern teams, attackers in the top teams nowadays have to be great at both attacking and putting in lots of defensive work and it has to be done throughout the 90 minutes.

Did you know, if you're a striker and you're running back and front steadily, you'll easily get exhausted? Then tell me, which strength will you be left out for to muscle defenders to have your way on goal? Messi reserves his strength for goal scoring, that's why you saw him scoring 50+ goals in a season. 

On 7/18/2022 at 11:29 PM, killamch89 said:

Why would Messi be required to support the defenders when that isn't clearly what he is good at, he is a striker and a really good one at that.

Just like taking a goal keeper and asking him to support the strikers that's not his specialty he would only flop at it.