Register Now
Justin11

Cast your vote, which nation will lift world cup 2022 in Qatar?

No doubt, we have the regular favourites of the world cup in every world cup year. Nonetheless, we have the clear favourite of the tournament. Not every time clear favourite of the world cup takes the honor at the end of the tournament. We've seen so many times where the clear favourite faltered when the onus spoke highly on them to win the coveted competition honour in previous world cup campaigns. 

I can remember clearly last world cup, Belgium was earmarked to win the 2018 edition when the onus was truly on them to take the trophy due to their star studded players, but that hype fell apart and France went all the way as one of the favourites too, and claimed the famous old trophy. 

This time, which country do you think has better chance of lifting the world cup in Qatar 2022? 

France and Brazil are my pick just for the sheer amount of talent in both teams. Germany are currently rebuilding and they're a bit hit and miss at the moment, the Netherlands are also wildly inconsistent. Belgium seem to fall apart if De Bruyne doesn't play or have a great match. Spain is lacking firepower upfront - the only other team that may stand a chance of upsetting Brazil and France in my opinion is Portugal and they also have a team full of amazing talent and are no longer as reliant on Ronaldo as they used to be.

13 minutes ago, Clasher said:

At this point at don't have any country in my bit I would like to see Senegal go above the group stage and into the round of 16.

Maybe Argentina could win or Brazil.

Brazil? - yes, Argentina? - not so much. The reason I say it is that most times, the Argentinian players always let down Messi. Di Maria, Higuain and so many other talented players have all underperformed when it mattered and Messi cannot always bail them out as he's lost a good deal bit of his pace and stamina. I know that they won Copa America last year but realistically, only Brazil, Argentina and maybe Uruguay and Colombia are what could be considered top teams. The rest are trash - let's be honest.

If I'm to give my two cents of suggestions pertaining which team gonna win the world cup in Qatar this 2022, then I'll choose the following: 

Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany. It wouldn't cross this four teams. In the history of the world cup, they've been around the world cup. Only few world cup wins outside of those four heavyweight nations has happened. 

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Brazil? - yes, Argentina? - not so much. The reason I say it is that most times, the Argentinian players always let down Messi. Di Maria, Higuain and so many other talented players have all underperformed when it mattered and Messi cannot always bail them out as he's lost a good deal bit of his pace and stamina. I know that they won Copa America last year but realistically, only Brazil, Argentina and maybe Uruguay and Colombia are what could be considered top teams. The rest are trash - let's be honest.

Not trash but Maybe haven't been able to secure a world cup win, we've got France, England, Croatia, Germany which are also good teams judging from their performance in previous world cups.

7 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

If I'm to give my two cents of suggestions pertaining which team gonna win the world cup in Qatar this 2022, then I'll choose the following: 

Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany. It wouldn't cross this four teams. In the history of the world cup, they've been around the world cup. Only few world cup wins outside of those four heavyweight nations has happened. 

It's would great we have some new countries winning the world cup, but which country do you think would be a really good to contend with the once you mentioned here?

5 hours ago, Clasher said:

Not trash but Maybe haven't been able to secure a world cup win, we've got France, England, Croatia, Germany which are also good teams judging from their performance in previous world cups.

It's would great we have some new countries winning the world cup, but which country do you think would be a really good to contend with the once you mentioned here?

I can't predict perfectly because anything can happen in the world cup and another can take the cup. I love Argentina, if you ask me which country I'll be supporting, I'll pick Argentina up. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I can't predict perfectly because anything can happen in the world cup and another can take the cup. I love Argentina, if you ask me which country I'll be supporting, I'll pick Argentina up. 

France , Spain or Argentina and any African country that made it to the world cup are the ones I would be supporting.

On 7/21/2022 at 5:10 PM, Clasher said:

France , Spain or Argentina and any African country that made it to the world cup are the ones I would be supporting.

I don't see any African team making it past the group stages unless something miraculous happens. The last word cup edition saw all Africans exiting the group stages. The football here in Africa is so corrupt that our leaders doesn't know how to develop the standard of the game and give grassroots players opportunities to showcase their talents. Majority of the African countries rely on the already made players playing in Europe, hardly for them to give home based players chances only few African countries I can applaud for given their home base players chances, Egypt is one of them. My country is the worst, most of their players are Europe based, they don't care about grassroots. 

On 7/23/2022 at 9:07 AM, Justin11 said:

I don't see any African team making it past the group stages unless something miraculous happens. The last word cup edition saw all Africans exiting the group stages. The football here in Africa is so corrupt that our leaders doesn't know how to develop the standard of the game and give grassroots players opportunities to showcase their talents. Majority of the African countries rely on the already made players playing in Europe, hardly for them to give home based players chances only few African countries I can applaud for given their home base players chances, Egypt is one of them. My country is the worst, most of their players are Europe based, they don't care about grassroots. 

I know that African football isn't at its best right now but it wouldn't hurt anybody to support them.

I am supporting them because I just want to and I would hope they would do well this world cup.

10 hours ago, Clasher said:

I know that African football isn't at its best right now but it wouldn't hurt anybody to support them.

I am supporting them because I just want to and I would hope they would do well this world cup.

I just hope the African nation's that qualified for the world cup go far this time around and not seeing what happened in 2018 edition to repeat itself. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I just hope the African nation's that qualified for the world cup go far this time around and not seeing what happened in 2018 edition to repeat itself. 

I know the African teams aren't the best in the world right now but  I am just going give them my fan support and hope for the best this coming world cup competition.

13 hours ago, Clasher said:

I know the African teams aren't the best in the world right now but  I am just going give them my fan support and hope for the best this coming world cup competition.

I wouldn't say much about African teams going to the world cup, I just hope they do their best. But I'll say, it will take some time before we Africans lay our hands in the world cup trophy, we are far far behind in the pecking order, for favourite continents they world cup will go to. 

5 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I wouldn't say much about African teams going to the world cup, I just hope they do their best. But I'll say, it will take some time before we Africans lay our hands in the world cup trophy, we are far far behind in the pecking order, for favourite continents they world cup will go to. 

What do you think about Senegal they have been quite good though and feels like they are going to do better this year than they've done in previous world cups.

On 7/20/2022 at 1:17 PM, Clasher said:

I was more referring to the South American region where you only have 4 teams you can consider a huge enough threat to take on France, Germany, Portugal and Belgium along with the other European Juggernauts. Then again, there could be some surprises on the cards.

18 hours ago, Clasher said:

What do you think about Senegal they have been quite good though and feels like they are going to do better this year than they've done in previous world cups.

Difficult to say, it depends on which group they are in. Senegal are an amazing team with players like Sadio Mane, Mendy and Koulibaly but if they end up in a group with teams like say a France and Brazil or something like that, I think they'll struggle.