Register Now
Justin11

Cast your vote, which nation will lift world cup 2022 in Qatar?

22 hours ago, Clasher said:

What do you think about Senegal they have been quite good though and feels like they are going to do better this year than they've done in previous world cups.

Senegal have star studded players but I am not going to tip them for a great run in to the world cup. They've not really shown the potential, they've faltered in previous world cup campaigns. Maybe they'll past the group stage this time with more efforts. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Senegal have star studded players but I am not going to tip them for a great run in to the world cup. They've not really shown the potential, they've faltered in previous world cup campaigns. Maybe they'll past the group stage this time with more efforts. 

That's what I am saying, they haven't been quite good in the previous world cup performance that is why their performance in the world qualifiers and their win against Egypt one of the football Giants of Africa was a shocker to everyone.

I think they have really upped their game and would give a good challenge In the world cup.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Difficult to say, it depends on which group they are in. Senegal are an amazing team with players like Sadio Mane, Mendy and Koulibaly but if they end up in a group with teams like say a France and Brazil or something like that, I think they'll struggle.

Such a group would definitely be a hard nut to crack, or maybe they end up in a group with Argentina or Spain or Germany their chances at getting pass the group stage would be very slim.

But I refuse to believe the wouldn't put in their best and i have some form of believe that they would go beyond all our wildest expectations in the world cup.

22 minutes ago, Clasher said:

That's what I am saying, they haven't been quite good in the previous world cup performance that is why their performance in the world qualifiers and their win against Egypt one of the football Giants of Africa was a shocker to everyone.

I think they have really upped their game and would give a good challenge In the world cup.

I didn't say they aren't trying in terms of playing good football. But you can't use their performance against Egypt to compare to the wirld beaters national teams. Egypt haven't really shown that potential of late, they're struggling if you ask me, they scrapped through to that African cup of nations luck via virtue of luck. 

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I didn't say they aren't trying in terms of playing good football. But you can't use their performance against Egypt to compare to the wirld beaters national teams. Egypt haven't really shown that potential of late, they're struggling if you ask me, they scrapped through to that African cup of nations luck via virtue of luck. 

That's could be that case maybe,  I just want to see an African team get past the group stage this time around. Atleast maybe Senegal could do that for  the continent.

18 minutes ago, Clasher said:

That's could be that case maybe,  I just want to see an African team get past the group stage this time around. Atleast maybe Senegal could do that for  the continent.

If possible all the African teams progressing past the group stages of the world cup. But it wouldn't be possible, because it never happened in the history of world cup. 

On 7/26/2022 at 5:07 PM, Clasher said:

Such a group would definitely be a hard nut to crack, or maybe they end up in a group with Argentina or Spain or Germany their chances at getting pass the group stage would be very slim.

But I refuse to believe the wouldn't put in their best and i have some form of believe that they would go beyond all our wildest expectations in the world cup.

I would like an upset at the World Cup but if history is anything to go by, African teams don't usually get any further than the quarterfinals but with the World Cup being played in Qatar with such heat, it may just favor them as Europeans aren't used to such extreme heat.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I would like an upset at the World Cup but if history is anything to go by, African teams don't usually get any further than the quarterfinals but with the World Cup being played in Qatar with such heat, it may just favor them as Europeans aren't used to such extreme heat.

The heat factor could influence the outcome of the Games though but I doubt that.

And besides Qatar stadiums are packed with air conditioners and their Streets too, so I guess that would help with the heat a bit.

But either ways i just to see an African country doing well In the world cup even though they don't win.

14 hours ago, Clasher said:

The heat factor could influence the outcome of the Games though but I doubt that.

And besides Qatar stadiums are packed with air conditioners and their Streets too, so I guess that would help with the heat a bit.

But either ways i just to see an African country doing well In the world cup even though they don't win.

I'd love if an African team knocked England out of the World Cup just for the racism English fans showed to Bakayo Saka, Rashford and Jaden Sancho when the former missed his penalty and England lost the Euros on penalties.

That's ridiculous about racism, and it will be hard to kill it off in any kind of event around the world. I just wish African nations best world cup run in just as European countries have been enjoying such a good run. 

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's ridiculous about racism, and it will be hard to kill it off in any kind of event around the world. I just wish African nations best world cup run in just as European countries have been enjoying such a good run. 

Mind you, these are all young lads especially Saka who was 20 at the time. Take a look:

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Mind you, these are all young lads especially Saka who was 20 at the time. Take a look:

I watched the video, I saw the message passed on, most black players were subjected to racism. It will be hard to quash racism in the world of soccer, even in 2022 WC, it will still surface.