Register Now
Kane99

As Dusk Falls

Has anyone here played this game yet? It's like an interactive story game. It kinda reminds me of what Telltale does with their games, but a bit different. It looks more like a story in book form, as I don't think there's any animations, or very little of it. 

Also, I heard someone compare it to the likes of Breaking Bad, so I'm very curious to check it out. 

From the trailer, it looks like something similar with Road 96, I might be wrong though till I eventually play it. It looks like something that's going to be very interesting with a lot suspense. I just checked it on Steam and it's sold for $29.99. 

I know this game, I played it in multiplayer mode with my buddy last week at his crib.

Quite an interesting game , contains a lot of interactions in a movie like manner , you could actually enjoy listening to.

I checked out the game's reviews on IGN and from everything that was discussed in it, I kind of find it very interesting to play the game. The review helped with my initial thought on the game being similar to what you get in playing Road 96 because you get to decide what the story turns into from how you want to play. 

And you can play with up to 8 people in a lobby. I'm thinking of playing with some friends soon, just to see how crazy we can mess with the story. I think it'd make it more fun, because it makes it a bit more random in what the choices could be. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

And you can play with up to 8 people in a lobby. I'm thinking of playing with some friends soon, just to see how crazy we can mess with the story. I think it'd make it more fun, because it makes it a bit more random in what the choices could be. 

I believe so too. With more complex choices made in playing the game, the more the game's plot would be twisted and that's going to be a lot more fun. 

This game literally looks like the loading screens for GTA5 and then they decided to make an entire game out of it. LOL  This "game" has as much gameplay as Black Mirror Bandersnatch, but at least Bandersnatch looked appealing. They didn't even try to make a game, it's file type might aswell be a

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

I believe so too. With more complex choices made in playing the game, the more the game's plot would be twisted and that's going to be a lot more fun. 

Yup, would be so fun to see what my friends choose. We could hijack the story from each other too. But anyway, I asked my friends if they'd like to play. A couple of them said yet. I want to try to get a full 8 party group to play this. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yup, would be so fun to see what my friends choose. We could hijack the story from each other too. But anyway, I asked my friends if they'd like to play. A couple of them said yet. I want to try to get a full 8 party group to play this. 

The more people, the better and I would stress to play with your friends that's got the same gaming mentality with you. I have had a bad experience playing with a toxic gamer whom I felt would add a good variety to our team but that didn't go so well. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

The more people, the better and I would stress to play with your friends that's got the same gaming mentality with you. I have had a bad experience playing with a toxic gamer whom I felt would add a good variety to our team but that didn't go so well. 

I think that makes it even more fun if everyone is answers differently. The more random of a playthrough, I think the better. That way if I ever want to, I can revisit it myself and play it solo, maybe try to change the story around. That's the point with these types of games, that's their replayability, the fact that you could get different endings with each playthrough. Idk how many endings there are, but I'm sure there are some. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think that makes it even more fun if everyone is answers differently. The more random of a playthrough, I think the better. That way if I ever want to, I can revisit it myself and play it solo, maybe try to change the story around. That's the point with these types of games, that's their replayability, the fact that you could get different endings with each playthrough. Idk how many endings there are, but I'm sure there are some. 

That's going to have so much narrative in the story development when there are much different choices by the player. I know for certain that it's something you would really enjoy. With all the discussions on this, it seems like I'm developing a little interest in jumping into the game as well and I have at least 5 work buddies that I'm sure would be interested in playing it. 

A feature of this game I find interesting is that your gameplay determines the outcome of the game that Is player choices can influence the plot

It's multiplayer mode of up to 8 players as well would be a good way for family members to bond, I have my cousin's we haven't seen in a while I guess I would recommend the game to them and we could all play together and enjoy our company together but this time using the video game.

On 7/28/2022 at 11:45 AM, Clasher said:

A feature of this game I find interesting is that your gameplay determines the outcome of the game that Is player choices can influence the plot

It's multiplayer mode of up to 8 players as well would be a good way for family members to bond, I have my cousin's we haven't seen in a while I guess I would recommend the game to them and we could all play together and enjoy our company together but this time using the video game.

Another good thing about the game As Dusk Falls is that it's not a tale play that's too long to complete which might bore some because our gameplay duration threshold differs. 

It's something that you can complete it's main story within 6 hours and get a 100% completion within 10 hours. It can be shorter if the players decisions are made faster. 

On 7/30/2022 at 10:44 AM, Heatman said:

Another good thing about the game As Dusk Falls is that it's not a tale play that's too long to complete which might bore some because our gameplay duration threshold differs. 

It's something that you can complete it's main story within 6 hours and get a 100% completion within 10 hours. It can be shorter if the players decisions are made faster. 

I don't really bother about the time it would take to complete the game, we could play for a few hours save our progress and continue another day though.

I have played video games that takes well above 50 hours to complete.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

I don't really bother about the time it would take to complete the game, we could play for a few hours save our progress and continue another day though.

I have played video games that takes well above 50 hours to complete.

Most of us have played games that are even more than 100 hours long. Take a look at Dying Light 2 Stay Human which is well over 400 hours of gameplay to have it completed. 

The difference here with such games and As Dusk Falls is that you play the former alone while you play the latter with a team. You might have no issues with playing a game that last 50+ hours to complete but others might not be up for that long stretch.