Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you actively avoid walkthroughs some or all of the time?

I've mentioned this before, but I feel it's relevant here as well. There are a few things I found out about due to a guide. For example I doubt anyone here can tell me where you find the flourite and and ammolite stones. Myself, I never would have even know about their existence without the guide. I'm also willing to bet thatno one really knows where to find the female fertility statue either. Or where to find certain animals, not including the legendary animals. Without a guide or word of mouth experience, there's a hell of a lot that you could to be missing out on in games. Especially open world games.

Another couple that I've found only through experience is where to find the correct bee in Zelda: A Link To The Past on SNES and Chris Houlihan's room. Things like that are always either flat out unknown, or the gamer just can't figure out to where to even look.

I don't usually bother with walkthroughs all too much. I will use them if I need to find certain items, like in RDR2, but I don't use it for any story based portions. I don't like missions to be spoiled, but I don't mind spoiling the locations of where certain items and animals are. 

The majority of the time I'm too lazy to bother searching them up, and then having them side by side when I game.