Register Now
DC

Beginnings of games being more fun on replays

Sometimes you play a game that takes you a while to get into the first time you play it, but on a replay, you enjoy it more from the start, so you can better appreciate the beginning part of the game. What are some games like this for you?

Nobody who replays and enjoys replaying games is doing so to "milk the fun out of it by obligation". It may surprise you, but they legitimately find it enjoyable.

It's funny you should mention Bioshock Infinite - there are many games I can think of that I'd want to replay, but Bioshock is one of the few that I wouldn't. I found the ending too streamlined and, I don't know, pushy? Everything just happened so fast near the end that I would cringe having to go through it again.

If you are playing  a video game for the first time it takes a little more Time to be well conversant with the story and all you are supposed to do, so sometimes you just play to win without Caring more about the story.

If you decide to go for a replay you tend to give more time to certain areas Because you already know what is expected of you at the end.

To be fair, when I played Skyrim the first time, the opening sequence was boring as hell but once the game got going, I loved. In subsequent playthroughs, I started appreciating the slow start as I started to take in more of the minor details and foreshadowing in the story.

On 11/17/2022 at 4:45 AM, killamch89 said:

To be fair, when I played Skyrim the first time, the opening sequence was boring as hell but once the game got going, I loved. In subsequent playthroughs, I started appreciating the slow start as I started to take in more of the minor details and foreshadowing in the story.

The start of some RPG'S or open world game can be usually slow because the game developers would try to build the story from the point but as you progress and begin to understand the game better you tend to become more and more attuned to it.