Register Now
Shortie

What have you found is your best method that works when bettering your gaming skills?

Practice on the highest difficulties.  If you go straight for the hardest mode and slog your way through, you can drop down a level and dominate, perfecting your skills and being ready again for the challenge of the highest level.  It really helps build up your skillset and learn the controls of a game to a level of mastery needed to be proficient.

- A consistent routine. If i'm grinding to get to a certain rank in a fighting game, I would make sure I play at least X amount of hours each day.

- Goals to be achieved within a realistic timeframe. Reaching "X" rank in Y game within Z amount of days. 

- Playing against people that are better than me, even if it feels frustrating losing repeatedly and a lot of the time, tedious. 

- Spending a decent amount of time in training mode to sharpen up my skills and muscle memory. 

I've found consistent practice, focusing on specific aspects of gameplay, analyzing replays for mistakes, seeking advice from experienced players, and staying updated with the latest strategies and meta help a lot in getting better at gaming overall.

For me, it's repetitive playing and never being in a rush to complete any game that I'm playing. These have helped me so much when it comes to improving on my gaming skills. It was what kept me going and being able to best games like Elden Ring, Dark Souls and Bloodborne.