Register Now
Kane99

Should I save for a Meta Quest 2 VR headset or another headset brand?

My nephew just got a Meta Quest 2 VR headset for Christmas, and I am one jealous dude. I got to play it a bit over the holiday weekend and I gotta say, it was a blast. Playing RE4 VR was a ton of fun. I also played some of the Meta Rec Room games, like paintball. Even tried boxing, but I didn't enjoy that. I'd rather play a real game made for boxing than some game made for rec room. For those wondering, Rec Room is an option with the Meta Quest 2 where you can play all kinds of games, some of which I think are made by gamers. I want to say it's similar to what Roblox does with the many fan creations. 

Anyway, now I want to get myself a VR headset. I'm leaning on getting the Meta Quest 2, as it doesn't require a PC (unless you want to play steam and other games on PC), and it's fairly cheap at around $400 for like the 128GB model and $500 for the 200 some GB model. 

But, I was eyeing the Valve Index or whatever it was, and that was well over $1500. 

Should I save to get a suped up headset or should I get the Meta Quest 2? Honestly I'm leaning towards Meta, as it'd be a lot easier to save for. But Better headsets will probably cost me a hell of a lot more. 

What would you do? Get the Meta Quest 2 or something else? 

I guess it would depend on how much your budget is and whether you could afford the Meta Quest 2. We now have the Meta Quest 3 that has released and that is quite expensive but it seems that the Meta Quest 2 has dropped in price quite a bit making it more affordable. 

It all depends on what you feel you can afford.