Register Now
Kane99

Hitman 3 will now be known as "World of Assassination"

Hitman 3 will be changing to Hitman: World of Assassination that combines all three games into one box. Much like the third game already did, it's saying this new version will include the first two game sat no additional cost. 

My hope going forward, is that they keep making this system better by constantly updating and adding new missions. I may pick up Hitman again because of it. Also I really want to try it in VR one of these days. :D

Source - https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-to-world-of-assassination/

Sounds like the hidden bonus here is if you buy Hitman 3 right now on sale you will get access to the first two games in a few weeks when this change rolls through. It's $21 right now during the Steam sale and that is a ridiculous amount of content for one purchase.

4 hours ago, Empire said:

Sounds like the hidden bonus here is if you buy Hitman 3 right now on sale you will get access to the first two games in a few weeks when this change rolls through. It's $21 right now during the Steam sale and that is a ridiculous amount of content for one purchase.

It's a pretty good deal. Especially since I think the new version is going to cost around $70. That's what I saw on the post they announced the game. So this may be the best time to get this before it goes up to $70. Honestly I'm not sure I agree with that price point, especially considering the three games have been out for a while already. Should be $30-$40 tops imo. 

On 1/4/2023 at 7:10 AM, Empire said:

Agreed - it is a steal at $21 but the re-released edition should be $30 at most because these Hitman games have been out for a few years now. 

Has anyone here played the new freelancer mode since the game changed? I played a couple missions a couple weeks back when it first came out, and it's kinda fun. Changes the game up by extending the life of the game. 

I want to get back to it soon, but I have anxiety playing it, as if you die once in a mission, you have to start the whole thing over again, this includes doing the original missions over from the start. Let me explain it a bit more though. So you start in your own little place, where you can store your weapons, equipment, etc. You can pick a set of missions, where you have to complete hits across like 10 missions, all without dying or getting caught. It starts with three missions and then I think each segment is three missions. 

If you die during any mission, you're sent back to the very first mission to start over. And, if you get noticed in one mission, the enemies will know who you are in the next and be keeping an eye out for you. 

Anyway, who here has played the new Freelancer mode? 

On 2/22/2023 at 2:23 PM, Kane99 said:

Has anyone here played the new freelancer mode since the game changed? I played a couple missions a couple weeks back when it first came out, and it's kinda fun. Changes the game up by extending the life of the game. 

I want to get back to it soon, but I have anxiety playing it, as if you die once in a mission, you have to start the whole thing over again, this includes doing the original missions over from the start. Let me explain it a bit more though. So you start in your own little place, where you can store your weapons, equipment, etc. You can pick a set of missions, where you have to complete hits across like 10 missions, all without dying or getting caught. It starts with three missions and then I think each segment is three missions. 

If you die during any mission, you're sent back to the very first mission to start over. And, if you get noticed in one mission, the enemies will know who you are in the next and be keeping an eye out for you. 

Anyway, who here has played the new Freelancer mode? 

I haven't really touched the game in a couple of months if I'm being honest as I've been busy with a few other games. I'll add it to my reminder list so I can check this out - this actually sounds pretty challenging and I'd like to try it.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I haven't really touched the game in a couple of months if I'm being honest as I've been busy with a few other games. I'll add it to my reminder list so I can check this out - this actually sounds pretty challenging and I'd like to try it.

It is. I'm kind of afraid to continue, as I don't want to have to replay it all over again. I think if I played all the way, and then lose near the end, I will be devastated. I don't think I'd ever play the mode again honestly lol.