Register Now
The Blackangel

Top 20 HARDEST First Levels in Video Games

Some of these are a big "No shit" to pretty much any gamer. Some are games I'm not familiar with, but a great number of them are. With Cuphead, I've been playing it for a couple years now, and still haven't beaten the first level. That game is an asshole. But I'm glad they put Contra and Bart Simpson vs Space Mutants in there. Neither were any form of easy, but were a blast to play nonetheless.

Resident Evil 4 and Bloodborne are two great choices for this list just because of the circumstances you find yourself in each game. Those villagers are vicious and they attack in numbers while you have limited ammo and the bosses and enemies in the first level of Bloodborne are overwhelming in every sense.

A lot of the ones from 20-10 aren't hard. I remember as a kid the first mission of the men in black 2 game shooter for ps2 was so fuking hard.still remember when my dad bought it for me the employee at gamestop told him if he was sure as it would be too hard for a child. Luckily for me my dad was a gamer and I watched him beat it for me.

Haha I knew Driver would be the first one the list. I remember that first level not fondly that's for sure. It was a torture. Had to have my brother in law help finish the first tutorial. 

So glad we got through it. Because Driver is actually a fun game for the time. I kinda want to revisit it and see if I can do the tutorial. Actually I think I might do that. Could probably play through emulation and stream it. 😄

On 1/17/2023 at 6:26 AM, Empire said:

A lot of the ones from 20-10 aren't hard. I remember as a kid the first mission of the men in black 2 game shooter for ps2 was so fuking hard.still remember when my dad bought it for me the employee at gamestop told him if he was sure as it would be too hard for a child. Luckily for me my dad was a gamer and I watched him beat it for me.

Yeah, you right - the shooting mechanics were kinda wonky and in addition to that you couldn't hide behind cover and shoot which made the first stage a lot harder as there wasn't anywhere on that pier to really hide.