Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
StaceyPowers

Ask Stacey

Recommended Posts

On 3/5/2020 at 6:00 AM, The Blackangel said:

What’s a time for you when 2+2 doesn’t equal 4?

Can you rephrase this? My literal brain can't interpret the question.

On 3/7/2020 at 2:02 PM, DC said:

@StaceyPowers Have you ever pretended to be sick to get out of something so you could play a game?

Probably, during my school days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 3:38 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Can you rephrase this? My literal brain can't interpret the question.

When was a time for you that simple things should have had a simple or obvious answer but that answer was wrong? 2+2 doesn’t equal 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 12:38 PM, The Blackangel said:

When was a time for you that simple things should have had a simple or obvious answer but that answer was wrong? 2+2 doesn’t equal 4.

I still haven't thought of a specific answer for this, which is weird, because I swear it happens to me all the time. I guess this is how I feel a lot when a neurotypical person is angry at me and I can't fathom why.

What is an example for you of a time when 2+2 wasn't 4?

On 4/3/2020 at 9:37 PM, DC said:

@StaceyPowers Is there a game that is considered to be really bad but is your secret guilty pleasure?

Not that I'm aware of.

On 4/4/2020 at 7:28 AM, The Blackangel said:

If you could literally remove one thing from existence, what would it be and why?

Avoidable and pointless suffering, I suppose. You?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:What is an example for you of a time when 2+2 wasn't 4?

When my mother-in-law found it funny to start threatening to physically assault me. And when I went back at her, I was the one in the wrong. It almost ended my marriage.

15 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Avoidable and pointless suffering, I suppose. You?

Xtians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

When my mother-in-law found it funny to start threatening to physically assault me. And when I went back at her, I was the one in the wrong. It almost ended my marriage.

Actually, that is a perfect example. Anytime an abuser puts you in a double-bind, that is exactly what is happening.

In that case, my example is when I was told for years i was "abusive' while having autistic meltdowns. I didn't have the confidence to defend myself, and was consistently "wrong." Believing I was wrong didn't make any logical sense to me, but I felt like I had no choice if I wanted to keep my relationships long enough to make them work again. It didn't stop until I got a diagnosis and learned to stand up for myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being beaten daily by my drunk bastard sperm donor (aka dad) and told daily just how worthless I am by my narcissistic egg donor (aka mom) I had no self worth and would take it and believed it when I got it. I believed it was my fault and that I had done something to deserve it. The fact that all my extended family joined in didn’t help the situation. Due to that I was always mean as hell as a kid. I didn’t wait to take it, I dished it out first. Now I stand up for myself, typically with 18 million volts. Or 10mm if the situation calls for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I believed it was my fault and that I had done something to deserve it.

Unfortunately this is the conclusion almost any child will draw automatically, not having developed the life experience or perspective to know better. And even when you get past it as an adult, the ghost of that belief tends to linger in the background, and has to be routinely put down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Unfortunately this is the conclusion almost any child will draw automatically, not having developed the life experience or perspective to know better. And even when you get past it as an adult, the ghost of that belief tends to linger in the background, and has to be routinely put down.

More times than I care to admit, I've tried to become that ghost just to try to get away from the memories. Obviously I wasn't successful no matter how I tried, or how many times I tried.

The end result was always a sprained neck, sick as hell (pills), or a jammed gun that I had to take in to get it back into firing condition.

Edited by The Blackangel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

More times than I care to admit, I've tried to become that ghost just to try to get away from the memories. Obviously I wasn't successful no matter how I tried, or how many times I tried.

The end result was always a sprained neck, sick as hell (pills), or a jammed gun that I had to take in to get it back into firing condition.

I wish I knew what to say about that. All I can do is express great rage at your so-called parents. Nobody should have to feel the need to negate their own existence. And I'd say that as far as parenting goes, producing a suicidal urge in your child perhaps defines ultimate failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...