Register Now
Ravenfreak

Atari 2600+

I'm not sure if there's any Atari fans here, but Atari is selling the Atari 2600+ emulation console that can play Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 cartridges. Since it's a emulator though, not all games are compatible but the list of games not tested or not working is quite small. The price for the unit is $129, which is a bit too expensive IMO. I feel that a console such as this one should only be about $40. It comes with a multi cart, but even then the asking price is too high. You can purchase the Atari 2600+ from their website:

https://atari.com/products/atari-2600-plus

I remember the Atari being the console that I started gaming on and that got me into gaming. For now the price is a little too high for me but I would imagine that there are many people who would jump on that for a console like that especially if they are the type who like to collect consoles as well. 

I have 3 or 4 Atari 2600's at the moment. And no, they're not the flashback shit. They're the real thing. While the Colecovision was the first system I owned, Atari 2600 was the first one I ever played. But considering that it's older than even me, they're often difficult to get to work. Work or not, I'll never own any kind of flashback system. I want to keep my lunch down.

I actually can see the point to this. As @The Blackangel touched on, these old consoles can have reliably issues because of thier age, not to mention compatibility issues, especially with modern TV's. So if people want to play their old Atari games in a way that feels authentic without having to deal with the real world troubles of using original hardware, I can understand that. I will agree it's a little pricy, though.