Register Now
Shortie

Game Pass for £1/$1 scrapped right before Starfield release

Many of you may be aware that Xbox and Microsoft had planned to scrap the £1/$1 Game Pass and just recently, that change happened only it happened right before Starfield is about to be released and will also be accessible on Xbox Games pass as well meaning those who wish to take advantage of the game being available on day release on Xbox Game Pass having to pay full price. 

What are your thoughts on Xbox and Microsoft scrapping the £1/$1 Game Pass right before this popular release? 

I know they were talking about it a while back, unsure whether it came into play a few months ago or whether it was recently. Still it is a shame that it was scrapped as it was something that people could use to check out game pass or even play games such as Starfield for a small price if they wanted to check out the game. 

I agree, not a surprising move but definitely a bad one on their part.

Is anyone really all that surprised by this? Microsoft is as shady as it gets. They make a lot of asinine moves that literally make no sense whatsoever. This is just another attempt to keep people locked in and paying their obscene rates for their shit. It's part of the reason that I rarely touch my Xbox. @Rain Dew got it for me because there was one game I wanted on it.

Then later I found the game on Steam so now I play it on my computer.

I thought they got rid of the $1 game pass subscription a long time ago. No surprise there that they waited to remove it right before Starfield was released. I canceled my Game Pass subscription, I haven't played my Xbox One in a long time and the last game I played on it was a 360 game anyways. I do want to eventually upgrade to a Series X though, but it won't be anytime soon.