Register Now
The Blackangel

Red Dead Redemption 3 is confirmed!!!!

The only drawback I can think of at the moment is that it will probably be 10 years or more before its released. One one hand, I would want it sooner than that because I'm eager to play it. But on the other hand, I'm happy to wait because it gives them more time to perfect their game and weed out as many bugs as they possibly can. Quality is more important than time in this instance. That's why I like Rockstar. They tend to take the time needed for their games to make sure they work, instead of being under a time crunch and releasing a broken pile of shit.

6 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

The only drawback I can think of at the moment is that it will probably be 10 years or more before its released. One one hand, I would want it sooner than that because I'm eager to play it. But on the other hand, I'm happy to wait because it gives them more time to perfect their game and weed out as many bugs as they possibly can. Quality is more important than time in this instance. That's why I like Rockstar. They tend to take the time needed for their games to make sure they work, instead of being under a time crunch and releasing a broken pile of shit.

Just because they've only announced it now, doesn't mean they've only just started working on it. Rockstar haven't actually released a new game in 10 years (That is maddening to think about), so they have likely been at work on this for a long time. Yes, a lot of that time and resources have been spent on supporting GTA Online, but trust me when I tell you you won't have that long to wait for RDR3, a year or two I suspect. Three at the absolute most.

However, despite what I just said, I also wouldn't trust Rockstar to be an assurance for quality. They were happy to see the Definitive Edition of the PS2 era GTA games come out in a disastrous state. I know they didn't actually develop those ports, but it's still on them to care enough to properly oversee the project at least, but even better would have been to care enough to do the job themselves. Then there's the debacle over the recent port of RDR2 made for PlayStation 4/5 and PC. A game with less content and poorer performance than if you just used an Xbox 360 disk in an Xbox One or Series S/X.

I personally don't think Rockstar are the same company that they used to be. Greed has overtaken passion in Rockstar, so thier name means nothing to me anymore.