Register Now
The Blackangel

Extremely Hard Games That You Still Love

We all like a challenge. But sometimes that challenge is way beyond our skills. But we still love taking on that challenge. For me, it's Cuphead. I have been playing it for probably close to 2 years now, but have still never made it past the first level. But, despite that, I still love the damn game, even if it is a bastard. I think it's both fun and funny that I can't get past the first frickin' level.

So what games do you find hard as hell, but no matter how bad you are at it, you still love the game?

I love Horizon Zero Dawn/Forbidden West on ultra hard. The games control so beautifully that wilst hard as hell, they avoid being frustrating. I also love games like Donkey Kong Country and Decent growing up. I also found ReCore to be an enjoyable challenge, although the more general consensus is that game isn't actually that hard, which me wonder if I played a different game to everybody else.

I've never played a harder and more challenging game than MotoGP 2022. It is extremely difficult to master the game. I took months to master the handling, braking, acceleration of the bikes in the game. The hardest part is to master the timing of braking and turning. If we fail to do it at the right moment, other bikers will go ahead of us for sure. Once you have good grip on the game, you are going to love it just like I do. Its an awesome game but initially requires the gamer to put quite good amount of time and effort into it.

15 hours ago, Shagger said:

I also love games like Donkey Kong Country

Initially I liked DKC on the SNES a lot. The graphics were something that, at that time, amazed me. But as time went on, I grew to despise the entire DKC franchise. I've beaten the first two DKC games, and have the third one (just to complete the SNES trilogy) but will never play any of them again. They just piss me off too much, and I value my blood pressure too much to waste it on them. I don't need a damn brain hemorrhage.