Register Now
CodyCFS

What's next for Nintendo?

What do you think Nintendo will come out with next? I've always preferred Nintendo as the console, controllers, games tend to be more user-friendly. I would hope they continue to listen to their customers & keep making it that way. They need to find their own groove in the gaming world. People don't want the same ol' system that others have to offer.
So, what do you think they'll do next? Come out with a different game? Another controller perhaps?

I've always admired Nintendo for thier will to go against the grain. Sony and Xbox are so concerned with what the other is doing that they end up making the same console. Nintendo dare to be different and I admire that, but it does cause problems. Underpowered and out of date hardware is not something you want in this industry, especially when technology advances as as fast as it does these days.

Personally, I think Nintendo shot themselves in the foot after releasing the Switch. There have been home consoles and portables in the past, all over gaming. But a hybrid system like the Switch has kinda left them nowhere to go. Unless they pick one or the other between portable and home, I can see them going the way of Atari and Sega to just making games and no more consoles. But that’s a narrow minded, pessimistic prediction.

Realistically speaking though, considering the size and power Nintendo has, they will never go down. I just honestly don’t know what’s left for them to do if they want to  keep doing something completely different from the others. If their next console could have some more intense and powerful processors, that would surely put them at the forefront of the pack.

I can't really see how they're going to top the Switch. If they make a sequel to it, what new features are they going to add? I doubt they'd only focus on VR, but what other new gimmick could they possibly come out with? The hybrid console/handheld was the perfect idea since not only could gamers just play their favorite games on the tv but they could take their Switch with them and play on the go too.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:31 PM, Dismal_Bliss said:

I think you meant the Wii-U. The first Wii was a blazing success. 

Right - my bad. I seem to be getting quite senile - WII-U had potential but some of the things Nintendo were attempting was just a bit too ambitious for the technology that was available at the time.