Register Now
Shortie

Would you like to see a Nintendo Switch 2 announced?

There has been a lot of speculation regarding whether Nintendo may announce a new console soon and many feel it may be the Nintendo Switch 2 that is announced. 

Nothing as of yet has been announced by Nintendo themselves but being that it has been around 6 years since they released the Nintendo Switch, it could be coming up to a time for a new release.

Would you like to see a Nintendo Switch 2 announced? 

Yeah, Nintendo is getting due for a new console soon. 

I'm always curious what they are going to bring to the table. They are kind of in their own little world. They don't care about the competition, competing specs, etc. They just do their own thing, innovate, and make great games.

In a roundabout way, they have already released a Switch 2 with the Oled. But that’s a matter of opinion as it’s just a slight upgrade to the Switch and not at all a new console. The same could be said for the Lite as well. With a new Switch, (or console of any kind) the have pretty much shot themselves in the foot. There’s not much of anything left for them to do, or even place to go, with the exception of VR. They have released a lot of different consoles since the NES, with only 2 serious flops. Those being the Virtual Boy and Wii U. They have done home consoles, motion control, portable, and now a hybrid between home and portable. So I don’t think a Switch 2 is a realistic option unless it somehow ties in directly with VR in some way. There’s nothing they haven’t already done at least once. So a Switch 2 would have to be some kind of monumental system that would completely revolutionize the gaming industry. Something like how they saved the industry in the 80’s.

On 11/16/2023 at 4:33 AM, Dismal_Bliss said:

I'm sure they're cookin' up something. And usually it's not very predictable, but ends up being a pleasant surprise.

This is what I like about Nintendo, they never usually tend to let on that they have something planned or ready to be announced, it is a surprise and a pleasant one at that, especially when you have been waiting so long to hear something from Nintendo. 

Something I’ve always liked about Nintendo is that they have the guts to try random and unique things, whereas other consoles tend to stick with the same thing. I mean the Switch is a hybrid system. The closest that has come before this was another Nintendo product. The Super Gameboy. Nintendo pretty much can’t be predicted. They couldn’t in the past, and considering that they have done just about everything, they damn sure can’t be predicted now.

But then again, I’ve always been a Nintendo chick anyway.

My prediction is that we'll see more information on Nintendo's next console early next year and then it'll be released during the Holiday season next year. I always thought it was odd that the Switch came out in March of 2017, and not during the Holiday season since most game consoles usually come out around Christmas. Will it be the Switch 2? Wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo comes up with some goofy name instead, since the WiiU wasn't the best name for their Wii successor. (I believe that's one of the reasons why it didn't sell as well.)

On 12/25/2023 at 5:28 PM, Ravenfreak said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo comes up with some goofy name instead, since the WiiU wasn't the best name for their Wii successor. (I believe that's one of the reasons why it didn't sell as well.)

This is partially true, I am sure. WiiU was a very stupid name, utterly lazy, lol. It would be like calling the next Switch the "Switched Up", lol.

I have a Wii and really loved it. But when WiiU was out I was on another haitus from video games so I've actually never touched one.

There have been some unofficial reports about a late 2025 release. I wonder how much of an improvement it will be compared to the original Switch. Hopefully, the fix issues like stick drift. I haven't experienced it with mine and I've had mine for a while but I know of many people with the same issue.