Register Now
NightmareFarm

What are your thoughts on pixel art?

Generally, I am not really a fan of this art style. Mainly as I would rather see the proportions and facial expressions of the characters in the game as well as the sense of scale of the world or levels. You don't have a clear picture of what the surroundings and how events play out in detail. 

I also think it doesn't look too appealing aesthetically, which is only natural since this style is about emulating the blocky, less colourful look of retro games. However, I cannot deny that there are a few instances of pixel art style visuals which look very easy on the eyes such as Octopath Traveler and Triangle Strategy. 

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 12.59.24.png

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 13.10.08.png

On 11/21/2023 at 2:11 PM, NightmareFarm said:

I also think it doesn't look too appealing aesthetically.. 

This is my biggest problem with such kind of art in games. It hurt my eyes when I'm trying to play games designed this way with such art quality. Also, being that I'm not that much into playing retro games, it's a challenge for me. 

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'll admit, it does bother my eyes a bit but that's usually from playing too long.

This is just it. It's why I try as much as possible not go on playing game's with such graphics for too long because I already know what the consequences is going to be for my eyes which isn't good in any way at all.