Register Now
Kane99

Think we'll see anything like amiibos and nfc toys again for gaming?

I remember when Amiibos and those Skylander figures were hugely popular, utilizing NFC tech to scan items and characters into select video games. I want to say the 2010s were the years it was the most popular. I don't think there are many games that utilize NFC technology these days, but do you think we'll see it make a comeback? I know the figures like Amiibos, Skylanders and other NFC devices were popular, more so because of how collectible they are. I never wanted to open any of the ones I bought, as I mainly just had them up on a shelf anyway. 

Do you think we'll see NFC tech utilized in the future in gaming? Or will it slowly die out and be forgotten like other gaming trends? I really think NFC tech could be implemented in many things, so I doubt it'll go away completely, but I think the toys and figures won't be made for a while again. 

While the popularity of NFC technology in gaming has declined in recent years, it is possible that we may see a resurgence in the future. The collectible nature of figures like Amiibos and Skylanders made them popular, but their production may be limited. However, NFC technology itself may find new applications beyond gaming. It's uncertain whether NFC in gaming will completely die out or evolve into something different.

I believe that with how the Amiibos and those Skylander figures used to be very popular, there will always be a good chance it's going to resurgence back up in the future when a good project that's going to give it the push it needs to come right back on top. I'm actually looking forward to when that's going to happen.