Register Now
Kane99

Are there games where you skip the story completely?

Have you ever played a game where you skipped all cutscenes and don't bother to follow the story? Has there ever been a game where you only wanted to play because of its gameplay? For me I would probably have to say the Just Cause games. Each game I couldn't get into the story, so I'd often just skip the cutscenes for the majority of the game. Have you ever done this for a game because you just didn't find the story compelling enough? 

There have been other games where I likely skipped a few cutscenes, but most games I tend to let the game play out as it should. 

The first time I play a game I follow up with the story. It kinda gives me a sneak peek into what I’m getting into, plus I fancy a good background story. 
But when I’m play after the first two times, there is no need for that anymore. 

The storyline of any game that I'm playing is very important for me. It's not something that I would be interested in doing by skipping the game's cutscenes and not bother to following the story. If I do that, I would be feeling left out in a way when playing the game. 

On 2/4/2024 at 6:36 PM, PGen98 said:

I always play for the story, even games I've played multiple times through, the story is a big part of the experience, so I never skip 🙂

Exactly! Without the game's story, there's absolutely nothing for me to play for. It's the bigger picture for me in any kind of game. It's what lures me into playing any game to begin with. 

On 2/5/2024 at 9:50 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly! Without the game's story, there's absolutely nothing for me to play for. It's the bigger picture for me in any kind of game. It's what lures me into playing any game to begin with. 

Totally agree, games these days are exactly like playing through a very long movie, as was said above, so it makes no sense to take the immersion out of the equation.  It's like watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy from the start of The Fellowship and then Skipping to the last 40 minutes of Return of the King.  You miss the whole point.

7 hours ago, PGen98 said:

Totally agree, games these days are exactly like playing through a very long movie, as was said above, so it makes no sense to take the immersion out of the equation.  It's like watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy from the start of The Fellowship and then Skipping to the last 40 minutes of Return of the King.  You miss the whole point.

Seriously, it has never made any sense to me whenever I see any gamer go at a game in this manner. I'm always like how do they enjoy the cut off in between and jump right to almost the end. It can never work for me playing that way.