Register Now
Kennysplash

Can you recommend a short, fun game?

My weekend starts tomorrow, I need a game that I can beat within 8 to 16 hours max. But I want it to be fun as well, so I’m putting it out here to get some recommendations.

I only know of Resident Evil 3 remake, but I’m not a fan of horror. 
And I should add that I have a PS4. 

Try Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. It's only around 8 hours, but whilst I'm not going to say anything more it's an 8 hours you will be better for. It's technically not a horror game, but I must tell you it does have that kind of ambiance.

16 hours ago, Shagger said:

Try Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. It's only around 8 hours, but whilst I'm not going to say anything more it's an 8 hours you will be better for. It's technically not a horror game, but I must tell you it does have that kind of ambiance.

I agree here for a short gaming experience, although it is horror; not the technical sense, but it definitely is. Cool you brought up this game though cause only 1 week ago I finished playing it from start to finish over maybe a two week period and it blew my mind. 

I first started a play through a few years ago as an inexperienced gamer and what lost me was puzzles in the game. And it’s not even so hard anymore in my current play through. I do think the puzzles would throw off a gamer looking for 16 hours or less of fun. That’s hoping he’s smarter than me and will wiz through the puzzles. 

But I have to say, I didn’t give the game the respect it deserves at first, but it’s amazing. It is a shorter game but has a tremendous impact. 

Probably not a game for someone looking for straight fun. It’s a lot more serious than that. 

Id say Destroy All Humans remaster for straight fun. 

I just noticed this morning that the follow up to Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Hellblade 2: Senua's Saga launches in a couple of days (January 21st 2024), so this is a good time to get I to the franchise.

You could try getting into some of the God Of War games. Like God Of War 1,2,3, Chains Of Olympus, Ghost Of Sparta, and Ascension. They're great games, and you can beat them in the time frame you're looking for. I would have suggested Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice if @Shagger hadn't beat me to it.