Register Now
Kane99

What's the best Linux Distro for gaming?

I've only ever used a few distributions of Linux, which are just operating systems. I have used mostly Ubuntu and flavors of it like Xubuntu, Kubuntu and a few other Linux distros. But I haven't used any that are geared more towards gaming. I wouldn't mind dual booting my Windows 10 PC with a Linux distro that is made for gaming. Do you guys know any good ones more geared towards video games? I would say Ubuntu, but even that has some limitations from the last time I used it. Is there anything made specifically for gamers? 

I'm currently on Mint. I've tried so called gaming linuxes (pop os and manjaro) to try to get ubi connect to work with no luck.I can't really tell the difference as far as a gaming os goes.They mostly work ok but EA app and ubi connect I can't get to work on any of them.By all means, try other ones I'm fairly certain you're smarter than me. I  really like Manjaro but I get around better on Linux.

On 2/1/2024 at 11:38 AM, Lamarr the strelok said:

I'm currently on Mint. I've tried so called gaming linuxes (pop os and manjaro) to try to get ubi connect to work with no luck.I can't really tell the difference as far as a gaming os goes.They mostly work ok but EA app and ubi connect I can't get to work on any of them.By all means, try other ones I'm fairly certain you're smarter than me. I  really like Manjaro but I get around better on Linux.

Honestly, I've been thinking about moving away from Windows because the operating system is becoming more intrusive and resource-intensive. What made you settle on Mint as your choice? Have you ever tried Qubes OS? It's been recommended to me by some Linux users I know.

Mint was my first time really jumping into Linux. It's been 4 years and I just got Ubi connect to work on it so I'm basically Windows free sorta. It took a couple weeks but then I just simply like doing stuff on  Linux more than on windows. Havn't tried Qubes but have tried Manjaro,Pop os,Zorin and one other I can't remember. They're all a little different but I still prefer Mint.

Especially with games it is a bit more to do. Mostly just downloading proton stuff.I have meh internet so it sorta sucks but well worth it.Mint has a very good forum for help too so that helped me greatly in the beginning.

Edited by Lamarr the strelok