Register Now
Debashis

What's a hobby or activity you've always wanted to try but haven't yet?

I've always wanted to read more, but I haven't tried much. I feel like I get too easily distracted by technology or don't have that great of attention span to focus on reading for an extended period of time.

I always wanted to learn to play hockey, but I could never stand up on skates. I spent 99% of my time on my ass from my feet slipping out from under me. If by some stroke of luck I was able to get the momentum to start moving, I could keep skating forward. That was not a real issue. The issue was stopping and NOT landing on my face.

So I resolved to just watch my Red Wings and try to decipher the code that led to them being able to skate forwards, backwards, and sideways. Especially as super high speeds.

For those calling bullshit, YOU CAN SKATE SIDEWAYS.

On 1/30/2024 at 6:08 PM, Kennysplash said:

Sky diving. What is holding me back is the fact that it is very risky activity. Any small mistake can lead to loss of life, so I think I would just be admiring it at a safe distance. 

I once wanted to try it too. The closest thing I've done to it is bungee jumping and trust me, it was so nerve-wracking.

On 2/8/2024 at 9:00 PM, killamch89 said:

I once wanted to try it too. The closest thing I've done to it is bungee jumping and trust me, it was so nerve-wracking.

It always looks fun, but for someone who is absolutely terrified of heights, it would literally be heart stopping.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It always looks fun, but for someone who is absolutely terrified of heights, it would literally be heart stopping.

When I was younger, I used to have a mild fear of heights that seemed to just go away as grew into adulthood.

My phobias have just gotten worse and worse as I’ve aged. We were watching The Descent earlier tonight and shortly into it, I had to have @Rain Dew shut it off. It used to be one of my favorites, but now it triggers my claustrophobia to such an extreme, that I simply can’t function. My phobias seem to rule my life.