Register Now
Kane99

15 NES Facts You Probably Didn’t Know

Found this article - https://culturedvultures.com/nes-facts-nintendo-enterainment-system/ it's about 15 NES facts you probably didn't know. I am by no means a pro when it comes to the NES and definitely don't know the full history of it. So there was a good deal of stuff I had no idea about. Like that Atari were in talks with Nintendo to release the NES in with Atari branding in the US originally. Didn't know about the NES satellite and quite a few other things listed. 

I sort of knew about the Tetris dispute between Atari and Nintendo. Atari thinking they had the rights to put out Tetris, but then turning out it was Nintendo who had the rights. And of course who doesn't know about Nintendo Power, like huh?

I imagine there are a few of you here who do know about a lot of the stuff mentioned on this list, or even all of it. Is there anything they may have missed, or something you'd add?

The Tetris one I knew about because it was in the news back then. Albeit, didn't get as much media attention given that gaming wasn't that popular back then. I also didn't know about the NES Satellite. Nintendo has created some of the most unique system that were way ahead of their time.

Nothing I didn't already know. I was however surprised that they actually brought up the 3/5 screw point. For a lot of us, we check how many screws a game has before we buy it. If it has 3, then we're wary. If it has 5 we're a lot more likely to buy it.

On 2/16/2024 at 6:41 PM, The Blackangel said:

Nothing I didn't already know. I was however surprised that they actually brought up the 3/5 screw point. For a lot of us, we check how many screws a game has before we buy it. If it has 3, then we're wary. If it has 5 we're a lot more likely to buy it.

To be fair, I had actually forgotten about this until I saw the article. This brings back so many memories - I remember having to blow in the bottom of cartridges to get some of them to work.