Register Now
Knight Plug

Resident Evil IX may be coming out next year...

I wonder what the Umbrella corporation has done this time? No seriously, what else could Capcom add to the Resident Evil story to make it fresh instead of the same old organization behind EVERYTHING? Resident Evil is starting to remind me of the Simpsons and not in a good way either.

To be honest, I haven't been a fan of the new direction they went in starting with VII. Mutagenic mold isn't exactly thrilling as a horror game plot device. I think I'll be done with the series after they remake CV.

Last RE I played was 7; it was good and it terrified me. But I'm all burnt out of the chasing you games and running around for puzzles. That is the direction RE has taken and always has been. Chases and run around puzzles. If they stopped with their little puzzles, and had a progressive game where you keep moving forward, they would have the best horror game. But I'm done with RE. 

Source? I could see it happening but i would rather them wait a bit longer and give us another remake for say, Code Veronica, before giving us IX. That's just me.  Code Veronica is the only game in the series that still needs to be remade, well, outside of the Outbreak games but I digress. I would rather get Code Veronica first, then IX.